Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 02:16 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,670,383 times

Advertisements

It's counterproductive to suspend criticism just because there are other useless politicians.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:17 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times
Isn't he a bit far-left? Pro-muslim views combined with anti-eastern europe views...sort of like the left in America maybe. Except they only care about Trump bashing and trying to get more refugees from the Middle East while Farage seems like some sort of neoliberal, it's funny how people describe this as "neonazi right" hey may be anything else but not that.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:32 AM

336 posts, read 146,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Nigel scares ya doesn't he? If the European elections take place thanks to useless politicians in Parliament, Nigel's Brexit party is going to win big.

You should be asking why that is, instead of trying to undermine candidates.

Farage holds no interest for me whatsoever, and you try to undermine Corbyn every chance you get?

He very obviously frightens you.

There are only two ways of telling the complete truth, anonymously and posthumously and I can't see us getting either from Farage

Old 05-04-2019, 12:47 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahpsuth3 View Post
Farage holds no interest for me whatsoever, and you try to undermine Corbyn every chance you get?

He very obviously frightens you.

There are only two ways of telling the complete truth, anonymously and posthumously and I can't see us getting either from Farage
You are right Jeremy Corbyn frightens me, and I am a lifetime Labour voter, until I voted Tory to help get the 2016 vote.

He is an idealistic fool. Anyone who keeps that idiot Diane Abbott close to hand, has poor judgement at the very least.

Corbyn wants us out of the EU, but wants us to remain in a customs union. So we would have to follow all EU rules, pay into it, keep the immigration that we voted to stop from the EU, and have no say in EU policy. What good is that? We would not be allowed to pursue trade deals either. Just a waste of time. We would be better off remaining in the EU than going down that road. We voted to leave, not remain shackled to the EU.

Nigel Farage has shown how useless the Tory government is. We have this hapless woman as PM who even yesterday, was heckled with shouts of "why don't you resign?" Even after losing 1,300 councillors in the local elections, she still hangs on. It is truly pathetic. Well, if the European elections come to pass, she is going to get an even worse lesson. Farage is going to clean up, and return to the fray in the European parliament. Boy, they sure will be glad to see him, with an even bigger band of Brexiteers to cause trouble there. Our only hope now, is that the EU opens the trapdoor, and forces us out. Maybe a summer of simmering discontent in the European parliament will concentrate minds.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:52 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahpsuth3 View Post
Truepublica ?
Window licker more like ...

Old 05-04-2019, 12:58 AM

So,with the election result over the Tories and Labour both lost badly and there were over 30,000 spoilt ballot papers,mostly with the word Brexit written on them.
To quote someone I heard yesterday this is the tide going out before the tsunami hits with the European elections in a fortnight's time.
Two major parties with leaders their electorate don't want and Nigel Farage waiting in the wings.
Good times.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
So,with the election result over the Tories and Labour both lost badly and there were over 30,000 spoilt ballot papers,mostly with the word Brexit written on them.
To quote someone I heard yesterday this is the tide going out before the tsunami hits with the European elections in a fortnight's time.
Two major parties with leaders their electorate don't want and Nigel Farage waiting in the wings.
Good times.
It's a perfect storm Roscoe. Nigel Farage mustn't believe his luck. A useless Parliament, with both major parties led by fools.

Nigel is a genius. He stood aside for a few years, and let politicians tie themselves in knots trying to thwart the result of the vote. Most of them have revealed their distaste for folks who voted to leave the EU. They will be punished in time.

Right now, Nigel can concentrate on the European elections. He has learned to play the game, and is massively popular among the electorate. We actually listen to what he has to say with respect. We trust him, wheras we have lost all trust in the politicians in Parliament. Interesting times for sure.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
It's a perfect storm Roscoe. Nigel Farage mustn't believe his luck. A useless Parliament, with both major parties led by fools.

Nigel is a genius. He stood aside for a few years, and let politicians tie themselves in knots trying to thwart the result of the vote. Most of them have revealed their distaste for folks who voted to leave the EU. They will be punished in time.

Right now, Nigel can concentrate on the European elections. He has learned to play the game, and is massively popular among the electorate. We actually listen to what he has to say with respect. We trust him, wheras we have lost all trust in the politicians in Parliament. Interesting times for sure.
I'm not sure he's that much of a genius - I think he genuinely thought his work was finished after the referendum.
What he is is a very good insurgent politician who has been in politics for a very long time.
He has a very simple message and he has tapped into a deep well of dissatisfaction.
Whether he can progress this to success in a GE with FPTP is another matter - Boris as Tory leader would be a different kettle of fish altogether but the Tory party is currently being led by donkeys so anything is possible.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:58 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,110 times
Quote:
<snip>

the Tory party is currently being led by donkeys so anything is possible.
I think you're giving them a little too much credit. The current crop of political leaders can only aspire in their wildest fantasies to be donkeys. Hell they're so bad they make Nicola Sturgeon seem put together.

Old 05-04-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure he's that much of a genius - I think he genuinely thought his work was finished after the referendum.
What he is is a very good insurgent politician who has been in politics for a very long time.
He has a very simple message and he has tapped into a deep well of dissatisfaction.
Whether he can progress this to success in a GE with FPTP is another matter - Boris as Tory leader would be a different kettle of fish altogether but the Tory party is currently being led by donkeys so anything is possible.
Yes, I agree with FPTP it is very difficult for any political party outside the mainstream to make a break through with many seats in Parliament. That's the way the Tories and Labour like it.

I also used the wrong words describing Nigel as a genius standing aside to watch the politicians in Parliament tie themselves up with Brexit. I agree with you, he thought his work was done, and was just tired of it all.

I describe him as a genius for picking his moment to come back into the national fray. He has got his Brexit party up and running in record time. He has got it ready to go, and is going to clean up in the Euro elections. He has the common touch, and his finger on the pulse of dissatisfied voters.

Who knows where all this is going to lead long term? I am just one man, but my lifetime commitment to voting Labour is over. After war monger Blair, then idiots Brown, Miliband, and Corbyn, I am done with them. I will vote for anybody who will get us out of the EU, once and for all. I should think there are many like me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom