Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 09:32 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegrassisntalwaysgreener View Post
Having just returned from a short break in Sydney/Melbourne, and having lived in Liverpool for the last 10 years I had to reply to this topic! Sydney was beautiful but everything there is three times the price of things in England and everyone I spoke to couldnt afford a mortgage as the house prices are astronomical. In the 2 weeks I was there were 2 shark attacks, several thunder storms and it had been raining for 5 weeks before I got there although I believe it normally has 270 days of sunshine. Speaking of which, with no ozone left everyone I spoke to was scared for their kids when it came to sun damage. Melbourne city centre was nice, but no nicer than any european city I've visited and my travels north of the city revealed poor quality housing in Brunswick. North east in the Yarra valley and I was surrounded by beautiful forests that unfortunately are prone to massive fires and some strange locals. Most of the locals looked and conversed like they and their families hadnt left the area for many many generations. I couldnt sit outside for dinner for fear of being eaten alive by mossies or running into a snake. Say what you like about the scally element of Liverpool but I would rather live in a place like Liverpool where I can afford things and not fear for my life due to nasty spiders and snakes! It's also nice to live in a place where we do not have a really wierd relationship with the 'natives' and embrace (on the whole) all races and ethnicities unlike Australia. I love showing family and friends around Liverpool there are so many beautiful places to see and if you live in the south of the city, generally the houses are lovely and there are many places like Sefton Park which offer lovely places to go for walks etc (without fear of skin cancer in 5 mins or being bitten by something potentially fatal).
Good post. There will be a huge crash in Australia. When house prices outstrip the average wage by that much the house of cards must come down. Plus, it's so heavily reliant on China who's own economy is starting to creak..

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom