Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:35 PM

521 posts, read 1,473,197 times

Advertisements

It appears my post is no longer 'uncut' - sorry mods no offense intended
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 08:46 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,234,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
I really wouldn`t know...We are both Gentlemen of the highest moral standing....
You may well be, he certainly isn't! He's single and having a great time!

I do like Brighton though, it's completely wasted on him. Lots of very cool little shops and I love the pubs along the beach and the way there are people scattered all over it with drinks as the sun goes down. It feels like a different country.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:41 PM

29 posts, read 178,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncut View Post
I'm going to visit the UK in August this year, and I'm choosing between Brighton, Bournemouth and Hastings.
Currently, I'm thinking about going to Brighton, because it's very close to London and I've only heard good things about it.

Which is the best place to go?
I've never been to Brighton but i love Bournemouth! (and Poole, which is nearby - to be honest - i count it as the same place, although it's not).

Beautiful beaches!

Sandbanks (in Poole) is a "winner of more European Blue Flags than any other British resort".

There are ferries that you can take all around the harbour, to 'Brownsea Island' T'his beautiful 500-acre island of heath and woodland belongs to the National Trust, and is open to visitors throughout the summer'

The New Forest is very close by.

Many other things.. here is a website for Poole.
Brittany Ferries - Poole Ferry Port Guide

And i remember going to this candle lighting ceremony thing that happens every year in Bournemouth.

some pictures of it (not taken by me).

Flickr: Search (http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=bournemouth+candles&m=text - broken link)

And i remember there being a firework display on a beach the same night.

It was a long time ago though, so i don't remember dates, but as you can see on that flickr it says August so maybe it's the same every year. I really have no idea, sorry.

Here is a little bit of info about Bournmouth.
Bournemouth Tourist Information on AboutBritain.com

Search around for more. I absolutely love it there.

Like i said though - i have never been to Brighton. Could you not visit both? Only about 2.5 hours on the train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom