Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:46 PM

352 posts, read 1,424,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
And they shouldn't vote on European perception, which is why this discussion is taking place on the UK forum!

Bush has a current approval rating of between 20-29% depending on the source. Are you saying that congress has a 7-10%??
Its 14% the lowest ever recorded:

Congressional Approval Hits Record-Low 14%

Old 08-29-2008, 02:14 PM

493 posts, read 1,762,154 times
Was it me or did anyone notice that during Obama's speech last night, his accent kept taking on a lilt of an old-fashioned Southern gentleman? I don't know what it was, I can't quite put my finger on it but there was something different in the way he spoke.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:50 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotx View Post
Was it me or did anyone notice that during Obama's speech last night, his accent kept taking on a lilt of an old-fashioned Southern gentleman? I don't know what it was, I can't quite put my finger on it but there was something different in the way he spoke.
I didn't hear a southern accent. I heard him start to speak like a preacher.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:36 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,240,039 times
Quote:

I'll tell you what I heard... one of the best political speeches I have ever heard. Why are some people so reluctant to give the guy a chance?

The last thing the US (and the rest) needs right now is another term of out-of-date, out-of-step policies and politics of the republican brand of the last 8 years. Obama is the right guy, at the right time, and is exactly what America needs right now. End of.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:45 PM

352 posts, read 1,424,930 times
Quote:
I'll tell you what I heard... one of the best political speeches I have ever heard. Why are some people so reluctant to give the guy a chance?

The last thing the US (and the rest) needs right now is another term of out-of-date, out-of-step policies and politics of the republican brand of the last 8 years. Obama is the right guy, at the right time, and is exactly what America needs right now. End of.
Obama may be OK I give you that. Its his wife and political party thats the problem.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:51 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,056,807 times
Quote:
True.

As Obama said, "in this election, the greatest risk we can take is to try the same old politics with the same old players and expect a different result"

Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times

Operator Error: Currently experiencing election fatigue.

Reboot on the 2nd Wednesday of November.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:28 PM

681 posts, read 2,912,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchtex View Post
This was as of July 8. Subsequently, a few weeks later congress recessed for the summer and a number of maverick minority party members stayed back in the deliberately - by order of the majority party -darkened chambers and demonstrated against an intentional lack of action during the past term on the development of a national energy policy. What you see now, towards the end of August, a 14% percent rating as reported by blackrabbit, imo reflects glowing approval by some citizens of that protest activity. [br is incorrect on 14% being the lowest #, however].

The scandal in all this is the lackey MSM either buries these stats in back section week-end supplement stories or ignores them alltogther - even whilst excitingly reporting mockingly on GWB's numbers [spit, spit] which have usually been three times as high. Go figure.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:32 PM

681 posts, read 2,912,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I heard him start to speak like a preacher.
Nailed it. That was "church talk". He was speaking to the faithful.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:17 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
Quote:
They all do that when they start with their sermons I mean speeches. I didn't watch TV that night so never heard it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom