U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM

29 posts, read 116,942 times

Advertisements

Im just wondering what areas of liverpool would be the best to live with small kids,
we would like to live closer to the city center, or close the the ocean, are there some good areas i should be looking, and which areas should I definetely stay away from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 02:34 PM

306 posts, read 1,019,536 times
If you ask my husband he would say none. He would say run away, run far away.

(just kidding, but really its what he would say)

Old 07-31-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyUK View Post

we are thinking of moving to Liverpool from Canada, what are the reasons you would not recomend living there..?
just curious

Old 07-31-2008, 03:23 PM

267 posts, read 1,136,775 times
I'll ask for you on the liverpool football forum I mod on but most of the good area's I know of are out of the city itself. There's some great new appartments on the dock but not cheap and maybe you'd want a house?

Old 07-31-2008, 03:38 PM

177 posts, read 723,699 times
Exclamation Why???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook100 View Post
we are thinking of moving to Liverpool from Canada, what are the reasons you would not recomend living there..?
just curious
Blimey!?! Why on earth would you want to move from Canada of all places???? Many Liverpudlians would love to move there!! I would stay in Canada - where abouts are you? If you really really do want to live in that area - there are much better places to discover like Ormskirk which is in Lancashire where my In-Laws live, for instance - it is a real market town which hasn't lost it's rural feel thanks to the council always vetoing building on the farmers' fields etc and is a short train ride from there into the city centre of Liverpool. Also - Chester in Cheshire this is a lively place with great architecture and also happens to be my home town actually. Great schools and restaurants and pubs of course!!!

Old 07-31-2008, 04:25 PM

ya Canada's great.....its so big, it takes a long time to get anywhere interesting....we live in alberta which in on the east side of the Rocky mountains... its cold cold cold here, 8 months of snow.. and when i say snow, i mean a couple of feet of it...and the pick-up trucks....oh the pickup trucks... I just dont understand my own culture sometimes!
Canada does have great things about it..
we just love the UK and europe, the culture and the oldness, and the crowdedness and the fact that you can reach alot of really fantastic places in a short period of time..we like the city and the ocean too....

we once drove to Claifornia, to visit relatives and to get some hot weather - it took us 26 hours!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:41 AM

351 posts, read 1,259,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyUK View Post

I would also say avoid Liverpool and not be kidding

Do you due dilligence first before moving here.....................there are a lot of great places to live. Liverpool is not one of them.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 3,793,454 times
The Wirral is a bit of a posh area. I know someone with a lovely house there (although don't ask me to get more detailed on areas!)

Old 08-01-2008, 07:15 AM

3,721 posts, read 3,216,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cook100 View Post
ya Canada's great.....its so big, it takes a long time to get anywhere interesting....we live in alberta which in on the east side of the Rocky mountains... its cold cold cold here, 8 months of snow.. and when i say snow, i mean a couple of feet of it...and the pick-up trucks....oh the pickup trucks... I just dont understand my own culture sometimes!
Canada does have great things about it..
we just love the UK and europe, the culture and the oldness, and the crowdedness and the fact that you can reach alot of really fantastic places in a short period of time..we like the city and the ocean too....

we once drove to Claifornia, to visit relatives and to get some hot weather - it took us 26 hours!!!!!!!
In other words you are in love with a dream? Have you spent anytime here or have a job lined up?

Old 08-01-2008, 07:33 AM

28 posts, read 112,413 times
keep an eye on your hub caps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom