Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:07 PM

318 posts, read 934,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotx View Post
Love Law and Order CI, Americans do the best cop dramas. .
Also Americans do better hospital dramas such as ER, House, Grey's Anatomy compared to the terrible British Casualty and Holbycity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 02:08 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,592,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotx View Post

Came across a lovely comedy drama that is British called Jam and Jerusalem, although its name changed for US audiences and it is known as Clatterford. It is about a group of women living in the countryside and has great actresses including Dawn French.
Respect galore there. One of the finest...My Mrs likes the CSI stuff. Myself on the other hand I`m not a big watcher of the goggle box..
One thing I do like, but even then I don`t put myself out for, is "My Name Is Earl"..
I don`t know why, but it tickles me...

Old 08-26-2008, 02:10 PM

318 posts, read 934,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
Respect galore there. One of the finest...My Mrs likes the CSI stuff. Myself on the other hand I`m not a big watcher of the goggle box..
One thing I do like, but even then I don`t put myself out for, is "My Name Is Earl"..
I don`t know why, but it tickles me...
Ah thats one I forgot My Name Is Earl its a great comdey good spot

Old 08-27-2008, 04:02 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,238,256 times
Well I would have to say that the Sopranos is probably my favourite show, but anything on HBO is worth watching.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:24 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,305,963 times
HBO is the best.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:51 AM

521 posts, read 1,472,614 times
My favourite US show of the moment is Curb Your Enthusiasm - pure hilarious genius. Just my sense of humour.

I could list loads of other shows from the classics of my youth (Kojak, Starsky & Hutch, Hill Street Blues) to more modern greats (24, Desperate Housewives) to the weird (X files, Lost, Twin Peaks) and so many more.

Comedy shows are endless (Seinfeld, Frasier, Cheers, Larry Sanders) - for all the crap there is a huge amount of brilliant t.v.!

I am embarrassed by some of the British shows listed here that are shown in the States - they shouldn't have even been aired here (I wont name them for fear of upsetting those of you that like them)!

Old 08-27-2008, 12:00 PM

493 posts, read 1,761,753 times
Oh, how about Northern Exposure? I loved that show. Curb your Enthusiasm is just brilliant. Larry David has such an unfortunate look about him on the show. He plays it brilliantly and bad things do just happen to him. I still watch Seinfeld now as I don't find that the show dates. Yep Starsky and Hutch, brilliant. But what about The Sweeney. How great was that?

Old 08-27-2008, 01:08 PM

113 posts, read 278,045 times
I like (UK) Mock the Week, QI, To Buy or Not to Buy, My Family, Blackadder, The Thin Blue Line, The Vicar of Dibley and Wallace and Gromit.
(US) Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI Las Vegas and NY, Close to Home, House, Friends, Two and a Half Men, King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother, Ghost Whisperer, ER, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, Dexter, Boston Legal and Forensic Detectives.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:09 PM

17,199 posts, read 57,015,563 times
I like Doctor Who! Particularly Jon Pertwee (well, I would, he's somwhat a motorhead like me..)

Not that much domestic US TV that I like - The Apprentice is good sometimes. Hill Street Blues was a very good show but it's been a long time.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:07 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,305,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie Bar View Post
My favourite US show of the moment is Curb Your Enthusiasm - pure hilarious genius. Just my sense of humour.

I could list loads of other shows from the classics of my youth (Kojak, Starsky & Hutch, Hill Street Blues) to more modern greats (24, Desperate Housewives) to the weird (X files, Lost, Twin Peaks) and so many more.

Comedy shows are endless (Seinfeld, Frasier, Cheers, Larry Sanders) - for all the crap there is a huge amount of brilliant t.v.!

I am embarrassed by some of the British shows listed here that are shown in the States - they shouldn't have even been aired here (I wont name them for fear of upsetting those of you that like them)!
I think some Americans are in so much awe of the "motherland" and it's inhabitants that anything British is quaint. Maybe they do find it funny or entertaining I don't know. What I do know is that so much of it is cringe worthy and gawd awful...the acting, the outfits, the sets...just nasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom