U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:38 PM

5,309 posts, read 3,730,988 times
Default Thank You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Well, I just wanna stick my liddle Sydney nose in here (we're still sort of a colony arent we??) and say that there was EUPHORIA here when Barack won. Loads of victory parties, and a general feeling of optimism. Theres the realization that he has a damn tough job ahead of him, but still, lots of optimism.
Congratulations....everyone!
Thanks for the kind words - things can only get better

Old 11-05-2008, 02:49 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,392,487 times
The problem with Obama is that many of us believe that he STOLE the nomination. When we think of things being influenced by government or the media, we usually think of the former Soviet Union or other perceived "corrupt" nations.

Hillary Clinton won every single large state in the country except Illinois, B. Hussein's home state. Imagine, Hillary won CA, TX, FL, MI, PA, OH, NY, and FL. MSNBC and CNN did nothing but promote Obama to the bitter end! Dogging Clinton every chance they got, and snuffing any potentially bad media that could have hurt B. Hussein. It was something like Pravda from the former Soviet Union. Clinton was brutalized! As a protest I voted for McCain. McCain could have kept our country safer, he was better able to handle the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and I think he would have been better at fighting potential terrorism.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:06 PM

30,924 posts, read 36,051,709 times
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlmburns View Post
Your joking right? 'less racist' a black women was questioned as to why she voted for Obama, her reply....he was an African American! not because of his policies or how he will change the economy but because of the color of his skin, it's called reversed racism.
One lady! What about the White people that didn't vote for him because of his race or that voted for McCain? Stop playing the card that people claim is played by other groups. The irony.......

Old 11-05-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
One lady! What about the White people that didn't vote for him because of his race or that voted for McCain? Stop playing the card that people claim is played by other groups. The irony.......
By the way, there's no such thing as reverse racism. It's just racism, period. Now let's just be honest about it in the US.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Well considering the life they had I dont blame them. Think about it.

Civil rights movement etc. The blacks had to fight to become equals, thats just sad.
So true....It's sad when people not from the US understand "the struggle" more than fellow Americans. Like the Bible says, You reap what you sow.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:13 PM

Default Not completly true........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
The problem with Obama is that many of us believe that he STOLE the nomination. When we think of things being influenced by government or the media, we usually think of the former Soviet Union or other perceived "corrupt" nations.

Hillary Clinton won every single large state in the country except Illinois, B. Hussein's home state. Imagine, Hillary won CA, TX, FL, MI, PA, OH, NY, and FL. MSNBC and CNN did nothing but promote Obama to the bitter end! Dogging Clinton every chance they got, and snuffing any potentially bad media that could have hurt B. Hussein. It was something like Pravda from the former Soviet Union. Clinton was brutalized! As a protest I voted for McCain. McCain could have kept our country safer, he was better able to handle the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and I think he would have been better at fighting potential terrorism.
Considering the race card playing from the Clinton campaign at times, along with Obama gets blasted on due to his affiliations with some people, let's not be facetious. Then, FOX news, which is owned by an Australian by the way, was on him regularly. So, let's more of the story. He stole the election......a poor sport attitude is not cool, man.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:27 PM

350 posts, read 327,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
First, I totally agree with you. Second, I never understood the "Ugly American" stereotype. Well, I guess I do now. (I'm not referrng to you, brianrees) I'm glad people in other countries are so interested in what happens here - and I very much appreciate that they are knowledgeable enough about our current state of affairs to be able to recognize a wonderful thing when they see it. Too bad there are so many Americans that can't.
CONGRATULATIONS!....we in the UK are so overjoyed that the majority of you decent-minded Americans have won through in the end!

We know all too well how you have had to watch helplessly in recent elections as the Republican machine stole power from you in a truly disgusting and shameless way, and the rest of the world could only groan in despair.

Today, we are so happy to see fair-play restored after the dark years under Bush, and hope that there will be no looking back, now that America has re-joined the civilised world. GOOD LUCK TO YOU, AMERICA and thanks for this wonderful delivery you have finally brought about.

We can dare to be hopeful again.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 PM

2,941 posts, read 5,059,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
So true....It's sad when people not from the US understand "the struggle" more than fellow Americans. Like the Bible says, You reap what you sow.
I've lost count how many times i've visited the US (to visit in laws) even to deprived areas which there are alot of with mainly African Americans that also shocked me i've never seen our coloured people live like that here. But I would like to help people.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:09 PM

350 posts, read 952,704 times
Don't use we in the UK because myself and plenty of other people I know in the UK aren't too keen on Obama and would have preferred the alternative be it Republican or Hillary. This feeling is especially predominant with people who actually have worked for a living and can research deeper than a BBC headline.

England is just as divided as the US and just as racist on a "street level, its just in the UK we have the BBC censoring our news. I find it funny that people can seriously think we are better here or more civilized in the UK considering London in the past few years has more race based violence than any other city I can think off. I also see more ignorance in a UK city on any night than I have witnessed in any US or European city. People who deny this either have their heads in the sand or don't actually live in the UK and travel much.

Bottom line is the current economy sank the Republicans and whatever ideals some posters here have about Iraq or similar the average person gives not a toss. The swing to the Democrats was all due to the economy.

What will be interesting now is once Obama is in 2 years whether he is still as popular or we will have the senate and house swing back to the Republicans in a repeat of the Clinton years..

Old 11-05-2008, 06:29 PM

3,886 posts, read 6,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrabbit View Post
Don't use we in the UK because myself and plenty of other people I know in the UK aren't too keen on Obama and would have preferred the alternative be it Republican or Hillary. This feeling is especially predominant with people who actually have worked for a living and can research deeper than a BBC headline.

England is just as divided as the US and just as racist on a "street level, its just in the UK we have the BBC censoring our news. I find it funny that people can seriously think we are better here or more civilized in the UK considering London in the past few years has more race based violence than any other city I can think off. I also see more ignorance in a UK city on any night than I have witnessed in any US or European city. People who deny this either have their heads in the sand or don't actually live in the UK and travel much.

Bottom line is the current economy sank the Republicans and whatever ideals some posters here have about Iraq or similar the average person gives not a toss. The swing to the Democrats was all due to the economy.

What will be interesting now is once Obama is in 2 years whether he is still as popular or we will have the senate and house swing back to the Republicans in a repeat of the Clinton years..
The economy did sink our ship, and how on earth can we take on anyone elses problems if we can't even fix our own? While American leaders were off in a fury to fix and rearange foreign countries we at home were drowning. It's about time someone threw us a life saver. I feel like I was just pulled aboard the Obama ship and I'm on my way home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom