Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:06 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblueeyes01 View Post
Yes there are a FEW fools in this country that are not loyal to the crown that would like the Monaechy gone, these are useually the people who claim millions of taxpayers money to sit in an office thinking ways to remove all things Brittish. Normally people that are jelous of the royal familys wealth and property who have no idea what the Monarchy does or is there for through lack of research

luckily for the rest of us it is nearly impossible to remove the Monarchy... you see.....it is Illegal to discuss abolishing the monarchy in the House of Commons and the only thing they can debate is the Queens speach given from the throne in the house of lords in her palace of Westminster.

Secondly, in reality, the only person who could remove monarchy is the Monarch herself as it would have to become law and no law is passed in the UK without her royal consent

People just see the Monarch as someone who waves at people and attends charity events but if you research the Crown in depth, you will find the Crown has a rightful and usefull place in the UK and does alot more for this beautiful country then you realise.

God Save The Queen!!!!!
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Those waste of space inbred thieves known as the royals should be lined up and shot. There is no place for a monarchy in this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
I enjoy watching Her Magesty; she's elegant. I also like the Prime Ministers meetings that are aired every week. The BI has the same problems we do, but not to such degree.. One of the things I wonder about it how the other countries that are possesions fo the Crown are faring int he global economy mess? I'd like to tknow what the average Brit thinks about Americans. Some of the folks in the House of Commons would like to see us all rot. Can't say as I blamd them for the 'tude.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:52 PM

163 posts, read 320,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Those waste of space inbred thieves known as the royals should be lined up and shot. There is no place for a monarchy in this world.
Altho I respect your opinion, perhaps you could give a reason instead of derogative comments!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Some of the folks in the House of Commons would like to see us all rot. Can't say as I blamd them for the 'tude.
Where did you get that idea?

Old 11-17-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Altho I respect your opinion, perhaps you could give a reason instead of derogative comments!!!!!!

What's derogative about calling people what they are? I don't relish being a "subject". I should be a citizen. Why should they get £40 million a year and live the way they do? What entitles them?

Old 11-17-2008, 07:46 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Raggy dee Ann
That's an extremely harsh thing to say about people who have never done anything to you, aside from violating some ideological principle you have. From what I see, the royals seem like decent enough people, and in my book, decent enough people don't deserve to be lined up and shot.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:26 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,322,542 times
Quote:
Perhaps you could give a reason a bunch of unelected Germans can lord it over the rest of us, purely on the basis of their ancestry and marriage skills.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:47 AM

200 posts, read 1,008,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
What's derogative about calling people what they are? I don't relish being a "subject". I should be a citizen. Why should they get £40 million a year and live the way they do? What entitles them?
This is how I've always felt. An entitlement to rule by birth is total garbage as far as I'm concerned. It's a matter for the Brits though. Most seem to be Ok with the idea. I suppose they get some tourist pounds for the 40 mill they spend on them every year. As for Charles speaking out. Personally don't have any respect for him. Has he ever had to produce anything? Run a business? Deal with day to day struggles? He's probably a decent enough bloke as it's not his fault he had it handed to him. But I can't really see too many people hanging on his word.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
That's an extremely harsh thing to say about people who have never done anything to you, aside from violating some ideological principle you have. From what I see, the royals seem like decent enough people, and in my book, decent enough people don't deserve to be lined up and shot.
Good then why don't you and the other Americans that think the sun shines our of the butts have them as your own royals. Being shot? I dunno, their ancestors did enough to warrant it.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsaintkilda View Post
This is how I've always felt. An entitlement to rule by birth is total garbage as far as I'm concerned. It's a matter for the Brits though. Most seem to be Ok with the idea. I suppose they get some tourist pounds for the 40 mill they spend on them every year. As for Charles speaking out. Personally don't have any respect for him. Has he ever had to produce anything? Run a business? Deal with day to day struggles? He's probably a decent enough bloke as it's not his fault he had it handed to him. But I can't really see too many people hanging on his word.
I am sure they are decent enough people to their own but what have they done for us? You know what I find amazing? Just a few weeks ago thousands of people bombarded the BBC with demands to do something about Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross. Brand resigned, Ross is on suspention without pay and a couple of head hunchos got the boot or resigned and now people are refusing to pay their tv license until Ross is fired. Now if only they showed that sort of tenacity in getting these inbred waste of space removed. I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom