Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 AM

3 posts, read 4,500 times

Advertisements

To whom it may concern

Human rights

See and feel what's happening in Gaza Arabian city

Share to stop attacking kids and women in Gaza

LINK:

Al Jazeera English - AJE

Old 01-05-2009, 04:07 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default All humans, no?

I'm just an average Joe and living in a small town in Texas, far removed from these events, but I have to ask, why is it only a tragedy for Gaza? If bombs kill people in Gaza and it is sad, why is it not sad when rockets kill people in Isreal? All the posts I see are usually only about tragedy in Gaza.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:25 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,240,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I'm just an average Joe and living in a small town in Texas, far removed from these events, but I have to ask, why is it only a tragedy for Gaza? If bombs kill people in Gaza and it is sad, why is it not sad when rockets kill people in Isreal? All the posts I see are usually only about tragedy in Gaza.

Its a tragedy when anybody is killed unnecessarily, but the OP is about the immoral and crazy war that Israel has declared on Gaza. The people of Gaza have been oppressed for years, and subsequently fired a few rockets into Israel (not that Israel have not done the exact same over the years either).

What we are seeing is a disgrace. Its an unmeasured and inappropriate response. Israel needs to be forced to give the Palestinians their land, and enforce international law. As long as Israel sees their currently occupied land as their God given right, and continue to oppress the Palestinian people, this type of situation will never end.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Its a tragedy when anybody is killed unnecessarily, but the OP is about the immoral and crazy war that Israel has declared on Gaza. The people of Gaza have been oppressed for years, and subsequently fired a few rockets into Israel (not that Israel have not done the exact same over the years either).

What we are seeing is a disgrace. Its an unmeasured and inappropriate response. Israel needs to be forced to give the Palestinians their land, and enforce international law. As long as Israel sees their currently occupied land as their God given right, and continue to oppress the Palestinian people, this type of situation will never end.

Perfect post as usual.

What is going on in Gaza is a crime against humanity, nothing less and our governments are just too bloody useless and ineffectual to make a stand against Israel and its powerful backers. Any talk of sanctions or any hint of disapproval against Israel is always met with the idea that opposing this kind of back-door genocide is anti-Semitic when it is nothing of the sort.

I have been to both Gaza and Israel on many occasions ( years ago) and the facts are pretty blatant for those who care to really look at the situation. It is a humanitarian tragedy and a political aberration and we all sit and fiddle whilst Gaza burns to paraphrase. I cannot believe how gutless Western Governments have been on this issue, it truly is a disgrace.

Even my Orthodox Jewish Friends find the Gaza Apartheid hard to stomach...

Old 01-05-2009, 07:42 AM

3 posts, read 4,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Thanks Dear

I respect your opinion but, I want you to Know what's going on in Gaza exactly.

Gaza is a very small city. It's around 30x10 km, over 1.5 million are living.
Their requires are to break the israeli's blockade,and attacks.

First thing, if you were blockaded from food, medical,gaz,and every thing during 18 months.What are you going to do?

Second thing ,If you see your children, relatives and neighbors are killing in front of you from the Israeli's Bombs and rockets, on the other hand no body says even a word to break blockade or stops the attacks.
What will you do?

Third thing, you and every one must know that the total Israeli's Airforce attacks untill now are over1250 attacks in 10 days.
That destroyed thousands houses on them which caused over 533 people killed, and over 2650 injured.
More than 40% of them kids and women.

I hope to contact this links to see more details and panic kids photos
Al Jazeera English - AJE

Alarabiya.net English | Front Page

Best Regards

Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
I think if France lobbed rockets into your schools you would react just as Israel is. 1.5 million Palestinians hey? They would fit perfectly into Sussex. Let them move there and then the Israelis wouldnt have to worry about terrorists would they?

Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,240,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I think if France lobbed rockets into your schools you would react just as Israel is. 1.5 million Palestinians hey? They would fit perfectly into Sussex. Let them move there and then the Israelis wouldnt have to worry about terrorists would they?

All Israel would need is a mirror

Old 01-05-2009, 10:57 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post

Well if we are going to follow that kind of reasoning I am sure a few million Israelis would fit nicely in Tennessee and then terrorism would definitely not be a problem whatsoever.

Considering Israel did not exist until 1948 and that until then Palestinians and Jewish people used to co-exist in relative peace it seems we created the problem and have failed to deal with it in an effectual and fair manner.

Israel needs to learn to share a bit better and start treating Palestinians like they too have a shared history in that part of the world. Apartheid and genocides by the back door is hardly a way to peace.

If one compares Palestinian to Israeli casualty figures, infant mortality rates, mortality rates, poverty, illiteracy, deprivation , hunger, etc... statistics I don't think it takes much of a brain to figure that some of the dice are rather loaded towards the Israelis... I wonder whether multi billion backing from certain quarters could have anything to do with it...

Old 01-05-2009, 11:40 AM

Where are the rockets landing in Israel coming from?

My point is, judging by the other posts, and even this thread, only one country is attacking the other. There are some mysterious rockets landing in Israel, someone should find out how that is happening.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2010 View Post

First thing, if you were blockaded from food, medical,gaz,and every thing during 18 months.What are you going to do?
I probably would ask for help, perhaps even mercy if it means saving lives, but I doubt I'd be sending rockets. Both parties are wrong, you send two rockets, I'll send three bombs. You send four rockets, I'll send five bombs. Where does it end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom