Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 04:40 PM

124 posts, read 509,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent cello View Post
Was I the only one who noticed that on her very first audition, the one that's going around online that everyone's talking about, she's wearing white high heels? Those aren't exactly frumpy shoes. She's also wearing a sort pretty gold lace dress with a bow.

Put that outfit on a 20-year-old and people would say how pretty she looked...people are really picking on her because she is bigger than we're used to seeing, she has grey hair and bushy eyebrows. She has dressed nicely (fashionably) from day one. Look at the video again, you'll see.
It depends completely on your individual fashion sense but I doubt a 20 year old would leave the house wearing that outfit. It takes a strong woman to pull off black tights and white shoes!

I don't get the impression people are picking on her (maybe I am wrong), people just seem interested by her because she is different to "normal" celebrities. Just by letting people know that she is a 47-year-old woman who has never been kissed and lives with her cat has allowed people to judge even before they have seen her appearance. Unfortunately, that it is just the way society is. Reality programs like Idol and X-factor can allow someone to be perceived in a certain way just by fancy editing. I just hope that she remains true to herself and doesn't get carried away with the make over and end up with a set of Day-Glo teeth!

I really like her and I hope she continues to do well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 06:21 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,087 times
Sorry to butt in again, but watching her performance on Youtube literally sent chills down my spine. She has an incredible voice. I think she mentioned that she wanted to be like Elaine Paige...well her voice is BETTER than Elaine Paige's voice. Her performance was mesmerizing, inspiring and captivating. When she first came on stage, there were a lot of funny looks from members of the audience, but as soon as she started singing, people were simply in awe.

I wish this lady all the best....she has a voice as powerful as any I've heard and I put her voice up there with the likes of Stevie Nicks and Dusty Springfield.

As for her appearance, really, what's so bad? So she's an older lady with bushy eyebrows...SO WHAT? I'd rather hear her singing than the complete and utter morons in the charts, that's for sure.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,819,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richt71 View Post
Well she's had the makeover! Pictures in the British press this morning of her. They've colored her hair, plucked her eyebrows and given her 'trendy' glasses!
I think it compliments her though. It's not like anyone changed her. She actually did it all herself!

Things That Go Pop!: Get rich or dye tryin': Susan Boyle's 50 quid makeover (http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/blogs/popculture/2009/04/get_rich_or_dye_tryin_susan_bo.html - broken link)

She's wonderful. I love that lady. She does have a great voice, doesn't she?

Old 04-27-2009, 05:33 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,323,156 times
I used to love her, but I'm getting tired of her now, in fact I hate her, always have done.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:42 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,401,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
I used to love her, but I'm getting tired of her now, in fact I hate her, always have done.
People... please take the above post as the parody of us, the public, that it is intended to be. And it is a shame that we, as a mass of people, do have a tendency to behave this way.

And what are is her highest Youtube view count now? 40 million? 50 million?

But now there is competition from the girl in the pink tutu.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 794 times
I dont care what people say about susan , all I know is that she has a fantastic singing voice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom