Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 07:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
There are actors who have graduated from RADA who can't find any work.
You will have to be incredibly talanted or unbelievably lucky to find any kind of work in the industry at 17.
Unless one resorts to the actions that Catherine Zeta-Jones did to get her career going as a teenager.

The casting couch is alive and well on both sides of the Atlantic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 09:02 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Most Brit actors who are popular in the states first made it in the UK. I say gain experience and popularity in your home country before coming to America.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:33 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,271,197 times
Go to acting school in London,if you can make some progress in london you may be able to do something in LA, but don`t bank on It.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:52 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristinaxzx View Post
Hi, im 17 and from the UK. I have decided that i want to become an actress and maybe move to LA when i am 18. I am currently doing acting classes but wondered if anyone knew how to get noticed, improve my reseme and be successful in this industry?
Any advice would be appriciated!
There's so much luck involved. There are plenty of actors and actresses
who are better than those who are gainfully employed, they just weren't in the right place. Or don't have quite the right look. Basically, becoming an actor is like playing the lottery. Not to mention that television series here are being replaced with reality shows where idiots are willing to work for nothing. Coming to LA without establishing yourself in the UK is crazy. You'd be in for a very discouraging time.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom