Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 04:54 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,434,707 times

Advertisements

Wondering how all of you folks feel about taking this vaccine and any mentioning over there that it will be mandatory?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 08:49 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Its nothing to sneeze at

Old 09-18-2009, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,444 times
i feel about H1N1 :

very worried , i am everyday think about H1N1 because everyone have flu so how should i know !!!! ,
but i try to care about myself ,

thank you .

[mod]advertising not permitted[/mod]

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 09-19-2009 at 08:24 PM..

Old 09-19-2009, 11:20 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times
Apparently many healthcare professionals here in the UK (something like three quarters of them) have said that they'd choose not to receive the vaccine at the moment because they feel it's not been tested enough. Can't remember exactly where I read this but it was a credible news source. With that being the case, I'd personally feel quite uneasy about receiving it myself.

I'm not really too worried about H1N1 though. Apparently it's actually milder than standard winter flu but the difference is that it can be spread more easily. The vast majority of those who get it are ill for about a week and then are fine. The hysteria surrounding it has only come about as a result of media hype. It's not a pleasant virus to have but it's not worth getting too worked up about unless you're particularly vulnerable (e.g. frail, pregant, young children or those with immunodeficiency conditions).

Old 09-19-2009, 11:41 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,323,332 times
Have been offered the vaccine at work, but declined it more from apathy than worry.

As an aside, my mum was prescribed thalidomide in the 60s while pregnant with my sister, but never took the tablets.

Another aside for the mask spammer. We have been banned from using that type of mask at work for chemical handling as it is worse than useless, and lets in as much as it stops.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:45 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Wondering how all of you folks feel about taking this vaccine and any mentioning over there that it will be mandatory?
Everyone should fully investigate and understand the ramifications of taking this vaccine before they do it. I would strongly suggest getting BOTH sides of the debate and not just listening to the party line of the medical doctors. A good source of information about this subject (and many others) can be found here" Instinct Based Medicine.

Personally, I will not be taking the shot. Personally I think that it is dangerous (more dangerous than the flu). But everyone needs to make up their own mind.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-19-2009, 03:09 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,434,707 times
I have to agree with the last 3 posters. I have some serious concerns over this vaccine; have read up on it and have way too many doubts. I generally get the regular flu shot yearly but have begun to doubt that also.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:30 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,549,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
Have been offered the vaccine at work, but declined it more from apathy than worry.

As an aside, my mum was prescribed thalidomide in the 60s while pregnant with my sister, but never took the tablets.

Another aside for the mask spammer. We have been banned from using that type of mask at work for chemical handling as it is worse than useless, and lets in as much as it stops.
The vaccine for H1N1 is available already? I thought it was still in clinical trials-at least the single dose vaccine.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:36 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,549,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynoodleboycey View Post
Apparently many healthcare professionals here in the UK (something like three quarters of them) have said that they'd choose not to receive the vaccine at the moment because they feel it's not been tested enough. Can't remember exactly where I read this but it was a credible news source. With that being the case, I'd personally feel quite uneasy about receiving it myself.

I'm not really too worried about H1N1 though. Apparently it's actually milder than standard winter flu but the difference is that it can be spread more easily. The vast majority of those who get it are ill for about a week and then are fine. The hysteria surrounding it has only come about as a result of media hype. It's not a pleasant virus to have but it's not worth getting too worked up about unless you're particularly vulnerable (e.g. frail, pregant, young children or those with immunodeficiency conditions).
I think that the highest percentage of deaths have been in teenagers and adults under 50, which isn't the typical seasonal flu picture.
Many that have died have also had bacterial infections on top of the H1N1 virus, which is maybe why they are recommending using antibacterial hand gel at home.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:55 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,323,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
The vaccine for H1N1 is available already? I thought it was still in clinical trials-at least the single dose vaccine.
I stand corrected. Just checked my emails and it is the standard flu jab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom