Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:43 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
That's arguable. some are needlessly enforced, when some are conveniently overlooked.
However, the law is there, and the law should be obeyed.

That's not arguable.

He broke the rules, now he's gotta pay.
India wouldn't be independent, the U.S. wouldn't of gained independence, segregation here in the U.S. wouldn't of ended...without ignoring or rebelling against unjust laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Really? They eliminate your right to own property? How's that then?

England is the most densely populated countryin Europe.
Greenbelts are vital here. As is their protection.

This guy knew full well what he was doing. And he deserves the consequences.

Some information on greenbelts from Greenbelt Land in UK - Green Belt

There are a few set purposes for these greenbelt areas which include keeping large areas from increasing larger and keeping them in one area, to keep neighboring towns from growing together, to protect the countryside from development, to preserve the characteristic and history of smaller towns, and to help with the rebirth of derelict areas within the urban area.

13% of England cover Green Belts.

The beginning of the greenbelt was in 1935 and was established by the Greater London Regional Planning Committee. It was not until 1947, that the Town and Country Planning Act allowed greenbelts to be included in their development plans and it was not until 1955 that the whole idea was beginning to be used throughout the UK.

If you purchase any land in a greenbelt area you cannot build until you receive planning permissions. The land can only be used for vegetables, grazing for farm animals, growing plants, hedging, trees, etc.

The price of land is increasing because more people have the desire to move to the UK. This brings about a chain of events. There is not much land available where homes can be built to ensure that everyone that desires to live in the UK can find affordable housing. This jeopardizes the greenbelts.

==============================================
City people telling others how to live...

But in any case, it is an infringement on property rights. Argue however you want to try to justify it but it doesn't hide the fact it infringes on property rights.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:46 PM

2,975 posts, read 8,116,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
When I finally move to my Alaskan property, I'll have zero taxes. Federal taxes are easily avoided unless you make a lot of money.

But the entire U.S is not exempt from this so therefor you still have these laws in place in certain areas too like I described with MS.

Quote:
Do they give them out for free? Lots of "permits" or "licenses" are just taxation schemes.

See above, no taxes on my property. Possible in parts of Texas as well by buying allodial title.
It's a lucky dip, every state is completely different with its own law/regulation and each have their flaws like here.

Quote:
It is a tax: license sales raise revenue for the fish/game agencies. Until the 20th century, almost no state required a license to hunt, as there was no regulation of it.

In some states you need no license to hunt on your own land.
Yes I was just pointing out that I have to pay much more to hunt in the US yet here, I can hunt without a license, our seasons are not regulated (generous bag limits and not tags required) More freedom with hunting.

Everyone interprets freedom in their own way, thats what im trying to say.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:48 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,951 times
Yawn . . . .

Well it is late so I shall bid goodnight to my CD posters who actually live in the UK.

As usual, we can leave this thread in the hands of the steady stream of Americans who are there to lead the world, telling everyone how to run their country.

Just knowing this gives me the warm and fuzzies and I know I sleep better at night

Yawn yawn yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzz

Old 02-04-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Yawn . . . .

Well it is late so I shall bid goodnight to my CD posters who actually live in the UK.

As usual, we can leave this thread in the hands of the steady stream of Americans who are there to lead the world, telling everyone how to run their country.

Just knowing this gives me the warm and fuzzies and I know I sleep better at night

Yawn yawn yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzz
Thats their prerogative, I hear it all the time.

Have a great night

Old 02-04-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
But the entire U.S is not exempt from this so therefor you still have these laws in place in certain areas too like I described with MS.
But not everywhere. In the UK, there's no option to live without them...

Quote:
Yes I was just pointing out that I have to pay much more to hunt in the US yet here, I can hunt without a license, our seasons are not regulated (generous bag limits and not tags required) More freedom with hunting.

Everyone interprets freedom in their own way, thats what im trying to say.
Hmm, not a bad thing, but you can't trap like here, and I can hunt with a big bore handgun here.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
But not everywhere. In the UK, there's no option to live without them...
That's just the way it is here.

Quote:
Hmm, not a bad thing, but you can't trap like here, and I can hunt with a big bore handgun here.
Sorry to correct you but YES you can trap here like in the U.S. Snaring being the most popular amongst gamekeepers. Handgun hunting? If your into that. I'll stick to my rifles, shotguns and my compound bow

Old 02-04-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
That's just the way it is here.

Sorry to correct you but YES you can trap here like in the U.S. Snaring being the most popular amongst gamekeepers. Handgun hunting? If your into that. I'll stick to my rifles, shotguns and my compound bow
"Like here," I've never been into snares personally, I've had more success with footholds and conibears...and you don't have beavers and fishercats like we do over here.

I can take my .22 rifle rabbit hunting, and my .44 revolver if a deer comes by in season (or reverse that, .22 revolver, and a centerfire rifle or one of my muzzleloaders). Two hunts in one.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
"Like here," I've never been into snares personally, I've had more success with footholds and conibears...and you don't have beavers and fishercats like we do over here.

I can take my .22 rifle rabbit hunting, and my .44 revolver if a deer comes by in season (or reverse that, .22 revolver, and a centerfire rifle or one of my muzzleloaders). Two hunts in one.
I am not into trapping, but there are beavers here. We have many different game species here with 4 different species of deer alone.

Dont worry I am very up to date with the game species of the U.S. I am big into hunting

All my firearms are kitted out with silencers though

Old 02-04-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I am not into trapping, but there are beavers here. We have many different game species here with 4 different species of deer alone.

Dont worry I am very up to date with the game species of the U.S. I am big into hunting

All my firearms are kitted out with silencers though
I thought they'd been wiped out in the past?

Silencers...now there's one area where I hate our laws here. Our politicians watched too much hollywood when they regulated them here...would be less noise issues around gun ranges here, and healthier ears, if they were more readily available...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom