U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your Grade For This City:
A+/A/A- 8 57.14%
B+/B/B- 1 7.14%
C+/C/C- 2 14.29%
D+/D/D- 0 0%
F+/F/F- 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 11:58 AM

2,145 posts, read 1,588,088 times

Advertisements

2 girls for every boy no doubt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 AM

6,056 posts, read 10,841,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Gender ratio?
Is that a serious question? That has no relevance to this topic and is not important.

I did not say too much for actual demographics of population because I wanted to focus on actual urban planning. I only said the demographics information that has connections and influence to urban planning.

If you are serious about that wasteful question, the gender ratio is 50% male/50% female. The creator and mayor of this city has a hot wife that is an architect or urban planner. Most people in this metropolitan region are in good, stable relationships, but also don’t waste time thinking about it too much because they have busy lives and focusing on plenty of activities and interests in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
2 girls for every boy no doubt
What is that supposed to mean? The gender ratio is 50% for both. Using the words girls and boys makes it sound that the population is so young.

The highest percentage of the population in this metropolitan region are in their 20s and 30s. After that, there is also a significant percentage of population for people in their 40s, below 20 years old, and 50 years old+.

Do I have to post again all of the information about this city I said earlier? Please don’t go off topic from the actual wealth of information about this impressive city with off topic words and questions.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Reflections Of The City.
a short work by HiFi

An eloquent, pointed, and perfectly articulated interpretation of this city is that It Is Cliche Upon Cliche and I was waiting for the punchline. Are you by any chance a satirist?

I bet that women from Seinfeld who makes 'papy-ay mache' hats lives here.
This was an eloquent, specific, and perfectly articulated interpretation of a city. A lot of people would enjoy living in a city that is similar and having a well balanced high quality of life. However, there was nothing really cliché about it.

The women from that antiquated Seinfeld show from so many years ago are too pretentious with New York City to want to live in this city that has an overall higher quality of life. Or maybe they finally realized NYC has plenty of overrated features about it, wanting to take a break from such a city, and now preferring my created city.

I would say the city I said earlier is probably an overall intricate blend of Seattle, Amsterdam, Paris, Hong Kong, Chicago, San Francisco, and Portland.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:47 AM

3,836 posts, read 4,714,031 times
Canals.

Your city lacks canals as transit. You need a high-capacity transit by barges towed by unicorns.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:52 AM

3,836 posts, read 4,714,031 times
So, to the OPs point. . .it's true that we have far more control over our cities than we generally think.

Coding is destiny - it is the DNA of our cities. Currently most city codes have been based on 50 years of traffic engineers designing cities around cars. That can change with great efforts - You can create the kind of perfect sim-cities - but you do so gradually, over time and with incredible deliberation. But you can never do so without wholly revising codes and giving it great time for the city to evolve - a 100 years or more to build such a place.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM

2,145 posts, read 1,588,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
What is that supposed to mean? The gender ratio is 50% for both. Using the words girls and boys makes it sound that the population is so young.
you must not be a fan of the beach boys.
The Beach Boys & Jan and Dean Surf City - YouTube

Old 03-15-2013, 11:55 AM

32,371 posts, read 59,807,408 times
F---------. Not realistic in any universe.

Quote:
Architecture that is Magnificent, Impressive, Intriguing, Filled with Soul, Intricate Details, Visually Pleasant, and Consistently in an Excellent Location for all density levels.
And who defines what magnificent et al mean in practice?

Quote:
A lot of architecture for historic/classic forms of architecture and some modern forms of it too.
Anything in the middle?

Quote:
but a minimal lack to zero chain stores for some consumer activities
What does that even mean?

Quote:
A lot of restaurants for almost cuisines with the best, most healthy, tasty food with fun flavors. Most restaurants have are designed well and some have a very large space.

Plenty of Independent Cafes/Espresso Bars with a perfect ambience, seating/tables, free computer wifi, that also sell restaurant meals, and desserts. Etc.
Communism at its most elite! LOL

Quote:
A lot of sophisticated/classy bars that also sell other products other than drinks.
No sleazy gin joints? What fun is that?

Quote:
Most people own cars that they use sometimes and the traffic is usually not so bad so it is easy to also get around by car.
Through quotas, perhaps?

Quote:
The economy is vibrant/highly diversified and gives a high percentage of the population middle class, and higher income. 60% of the population is middle class and 30% of the population is even higher income. Most of them live in city limits. 10% of the population has low income and most of them actually live in some of the suburbs and not city limits.
You never mention where any of these people work. How do they support their "even higher income"?

Quote:
The crime rate is very low to near non-existent for most of the metropolitan region, especially city limits. Only some of the suburbs have moderate crime rate.
Of course. The crime are committed by those low-lifes living in the 'burbs ...

Quote:
It is near two other metropolitan regions that are somewhat similar while also unique, but these 3 metropolitan regions are very isolated from other heavily populated areas. There is a lot of open space and mostly untouched nature scenery in between.
Sounds like Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati. Awesome!

Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 PM

5,593 posts, read 6,372,358 times
An F- for not being realistic? I suppose you would give a utopia an F- and give a shantytown a better rating because the latter is more realistic. Realistic isn't always better, and keep in mind that the OP asked for an honest grade. Also, it's a "made up simulated city". Why should a made-up city have to match real life?

Old 03-17-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
F---------. Not realistic in any universe.
You are just so jealous of this city Ohiogirl81, and honestly give it an A+++++.

The city I said earlier is realistic if people are smart, know very well what they want from life, practical actions in urban planning, and having optimism.

As architect and mayor of this city, I am not sure if you would be allowed to live in this city. Its not too late to stop your endless negative sarcasm and start showing some positive opinions, and respect.

Quote:
And who defines what magnificent et al mean in practice?
Do you even know the definition for the word magnificent? In some of your previous posts, you keep on desperately asking for the definitions of words that you should know already being 16 years old or 65 years old.

Quote:
Anything in the middle?
That is such a vague sentence. Anything in the middle for what?

Quote:
Communism at its most elite! LOL
Wow, you don’t want high quality restaurants and independent café bars where you live?

How can anyone possibly see that being communism at its most elite? What a joke.

Most people would love to have a well established independent café bar scene and restaurants scene for where they live and they would never insult something so valuable and exciting.
Quote:
No sleazy gin joints? What fun is that?
Uh, why would you want sleazy lame sketchy bars? The sophisticated/classy bars in my city are exciting, and most of them are easy to have fun in and not pretentious.

Quote:
You never mention where any of these people work. How do they support their "even higher income"?
Not the economics forum. I already said enough about the economic demographics for this city, but you just forget to read informative writing.

Quote:
Of course. The crime are committed by those low-lifes living in the 'burbs.
Well, there is plenty of bad mediocre suburbs that exist.

Quote:
Sounds like Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati. Awesome!
No, why would this be similar to the cities in Ohio?

The city I said is overall a blend of Seattle, Amsterdam, Paris, Hong Kong, Chicago, San Francisco, and Portland.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
An F- for not being realistic? I suppose you would give a utopia an F- and give a shantytown a better rating because the latter is more realistic. Realistic isn't always better, and keep in mind that the OP asked for an honest grade. Also, it's a "made up simulated city". Why should a made-up city have to match real life?
I agree and thanks for the positive encouragement and support in this forum!

The concept of realism has flaws, and when people obsess too much about what is realistic, they could easily become a lot more cynical, pessimistic and even forgot everything that can be realistic.

I just can’t believe some of the recent negativity just because of someone creating exciting, valuable, innovative topics. So much of that negativity was so wasteful, delusional, and with false accusations.

Yeah, other than preferring a dumpy shantytown just because it is more easily “realistic”, that person also said she prefers sleazy lame bars and doesn’t want any high quality sophisticated bars where someone doesn’t have to worry about their safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or