U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 05:53 PM

6,066 posts, read 10,846,014 times

Advertisements

People have to be very conscientious for what they spend their money on, and it should only be for the best activities, including supporting only the best and someone's favorite businesses/companies/stores most of the time.

Everyone can contribute to the economy with beneficial actions and that also has a prominent direct correlation to Successful Urban Planning.

When someone supports their favorite stores, restaurants, cafe bars, supermarkets, etc. they actually help out with those businesses thriving and continuing to stay in that location, and this does collaterally influence this part of Urban Planning. This was already specific enough and pleasant clarification, but I could explain even further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 04:03 PM

32,377 posts, read 59,836,421 times
Say what?

Old 03-09-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Say what?
I can’t tell if you are being serious or if this was sarcasm.

There is a connection that exists between People Supporting their Favorite Stores/Businesses/Companies To Urban Planning:Best Stores Being Part of a Community/Neighborhood/City Region.

For one example, what are your favorite stores, restaurants, café bars, supermarkets kind of businesses in the area you live in? Do you actively want to see your favorite places related to that stay in their current exact location forever, have those business owners thrive economically, and spending a bit extra money on those places to make sure those collection of stores continue to be successful and collaterally being part of the picture in Urban Planning.

For the cities/towns/neighborhoods I lived in and visited, I always have a lot of personal favorite stores/businesses.

Today I was in one of my favorite independent cafe bars that has a perfect ambience, plenty of seating tables, good neighborhood area, computer wifi. I spent $22 over there on restaurant meal, coffee, and dessert. I could have easily spent just $5, but I want to see places similar to this having a lot of character, soul, and image of cultural wealth getting a lot of money and support from customers. I also was there 8 hours, so I prefer to spend quite a bit of money in staying there for a significant good amount of time.

I also went to one of my favorite restaurants yesterday where I spent $20 even if I could have spent just $8. The food and visual design of the restaurant is so pleasant, places such as that deserve a lot of money from customers.

Last edited by Thepastpresentandfuture; 03-09-2013 at 04:29 PM..

Old 03-09-2013, 04:45 PM

87,002 posts, read 102,592,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
I can’t tell if you are being serious or if this was sarcasm.

There is a connection that exists between People Supporting their Favorite Stores/Businesses/Companies To Urban Planning:Best Stores Being Part of a Community/Neighborhood/City Region.

For one example, what are your favorite stores, restaurants, café bars, supermarkets kind of businesses in the area you live in? Do you actively want to see your favorite places related to that stay in their current exact location forever, have those business owners thrive economically, and spending a bit extra money on those places to make sure those collection of stores continue to be successful and collaterally being part of the picture in Urban Planning.

For the cities/towns/neighborhoods I lived in and visited, I always have a lot of personal favorite stores/businesses.

Today I was in one of my favorite independent cafe bars that has a perfect ambience, plenty of seating tables, good neighborhood area, computer wifi. I spent $22 over there on restaurant meal, coffee, and dessert. I could have easily spent just $5, but I want to see places similar to this having a lot of character, soul, and image of cultural wealth getting a lot of money and support from customers. I also was there 8 hours, so I prefer to spend quite a bit of money in staying there for a significant good amount of time.

I also went to one of my favorite restaurants yesterday where I spent $20 even if I could have spent just $8. The food and visual design of the restaurant is so pleasant, places such as that deserve a lot of money from customers.
And people complain that Americans don't save enough money! Let's all spend MORE! You want lunch? Go out for dinner instead! Want one drink? Have 3!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And people complain that Americans don't save enough money! Let's all spend MORE! You want lunch? Go out for dinner instead! Want one drink? Have 3!
Life is about so much more than just desperately saving money all the time and that is boring to always try to save money all the time.That is important to spend money for a good cause and for a lot of purpose and worthwhile activities.

I guess you can tell I have plenty of money and know very well to have fun and high quality entertainment for where I spend my money. I even realized a connection between Shopping to Urban Planning that I said in this topic.

You know I made a lot of sense for what I said before.

Don’t you want to support your favorite local places in your town area and how that can benefit the community you live in?

Old 03-13-2013, 10:38 AM

2,643 posts, read 4,822,518 times
Quote:

Don’t you want to support your favorite local places in your town area and how that can benefit the community you live in?
NO! I do 95% percent of all shopping and commercial transactions outside of the city I live in.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 AM

87,002 posts, read 102,592,596 times
Quote:
Life is about so much more than just desperately saving money all the time and that is boring to always try to save money all the time.That is important to spend money for a good cause and for a lot of purpose and worthwhile activities.

I guess you can tell I have plenty of money and know very well to have fun and high quality entertainment for where I spend my money. I even realized a connection between Shopping to Urban Planning that I said in this topic.

You know I made a lot of sense for what I said before.

I support my local businesses to the extent possible, e.g. to the extent they can meet my needs. I will pay a little more for some things to buy locally, but I will not buy things I don't need/want to support local business.

I'm so glad you think you're so cool.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
I do 95% percent of all shopping and commercial transactions outside of the city I live in.
When I said the word local, I was also referring to generalized metropolitan region, city/town someone lives in and not necessarily exact neighborhood.

You probably commute less than 1 hour and 30 minutes away to where you frequently spend money.

If not, maybe you just shop a lot on websites such as amazon.com.

Its okay to spend some money on products over there. However, spending too much money there and not somewhere else really has the negative potential to deprive and interrupt the stores/businesses in a local area, and cause economic stagnation in too many stores/businesses in neighborhoods.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I support my local businesses to the extent possible, e.g. to the extent they can meet my needs. I will pay a little more for some things to buy locally, but I will not buy things I don't need/want to support local business.
Well, there you go for proving the accuracy and value of this topic and finally saying something you do agree with when you said "I will pay a little more for some things to buy locally" and “I support my local businesses to the extent possible, e.g. to the extent they can meet my needs."

Old 03-17-2013, 12:26 PM

32,377 posts, read 59,836,421 times
Quote:
Want one drink? Have 3!
This thread might make more sense that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning