U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you witnessed racial abuse when using public transport?
Yes 9 42.86%
No 12 57.14%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:05 PM

2,145 posts, read 1,591,870 times

Advertisements

I try to avoid public transportation as much as possible due to the sights, sounds, and smells, but I once had a random guy sit down and start talking about racism to me, It made me uncomfortable to have a random guy start talking to me (at me really) especially about a topic like that when I was not engaging or giving any signs that I was interested in continuing to listen to his speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 08:31 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,272,232 times
Well, This Is Certainly One of the Worst Public Bus Stories We've Ever Heard - Mark Byrnes - The Atlantic Cities

September 5, 2013

...Dorado tells local TV network WDIV that on her first city bus ride, just a day after moving to her new city, Dorado asked the driver how far down Woodward Avenue the route went. The driver replied, according to one witness, "[b]itch, I'm the motherf**king Mack bus".

According to Dorado, the driver then threatened her, telling her that "he was going to take me on the ride of my life and then drop me off on the east side, which, being new, I don't even know what that means." ....

tell me why buses are so great again?

and it gets worse, if you can imagine. click the link for the rest of the story.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:54 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,284,331 times
Not really on the bus, but at the bus stop there was this girl who looked clearly out of it (looked more on drugs than drunk or crazy, had a glazed look in her eyes). I saw her drop her ipod, an Asian fella picked it up and gave it to her. She then started going absolutely ballistic, whether she thought he stole it or something I don't know, but she began shouting, 'you ****ing **** or maybe it was *****, go back to China!' This continued for what seemed like a minute before the guy finally started yelling back '**** you! **** you!'

Old 09-06-2013, 05:05 AM

321 posts, read 523,834 times
Yeah, this was on a bus in Melbourne, Victoria.

Some black guy bumped into some old fat white guy by accident, and the black guy was like, "Sorry, mate", the old guy proceeded to call the black guy the 'n' word and the black guy yelled at him, "What the f**k did you say?!" and old guy started screaming for the black guy to go back to Africa and all that stuff, but he was quickly told to shut up and quit being a racist by people around him. He was thrown off the bus shortly afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or