Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 11:40 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I'm in my 20s and I've seen milk delivered.
I have too. I was breast fed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 11:42 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
If we're going to bring stuff back for nostalgia's sake, can we bring back the old Pizza Hut? It used to have a salad and pasta bar that was pretty good. Now it just tastes disgusting.
I must have outgrown Pizza Hut by the time the salad and pasta bar rolled around, but I do remember the yummy pizzas with thick crusts baked in a real brick oven, the baked cavatelli, the red and white checked tablecloths, and beer by the pitcher. Lots of beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Then again hipsters can't be in their 30s, so there ya go.
No. We're much older than that.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,845,315 times
Quote:
I'm in my 30s, we had it delivered when I was young. Then again hipsters can't be in their 30s, so there ya go.

I'm so sick of the word "hipster" and all its connotations. I've been hearing it 10 years now and its as stupid as ever.

"Hipster" is soooo over.
I don't like the term either, was just using it because it was brought up in the thread.

And I guess you are right, now that I think about it my neighbors had milk delivered.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I must have outgrown Pizza Hut by the time the salad and pasta bar rolled around, but I do remember the yummy pizzas with thick crusts baked in a real brick oven, the baked cavatelli, the red and white checked tablecloths, and beer by the pitcher. Lots of beer.
I liked Pizza Hut back in the 90s. Don't remember the beer much.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:01 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,508,240 times
Quote:
No. We're much older than that.
But don't you live in the suburbs? *GASP*

Old 05-07-2013, 12:19 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
I don't like the term either, was just using it because it was brought up in the thread.
I love the term. There's nothing funnier than putting a label on people who think they transcend labels.

You can't figure me out. You can't put me in a box, yah. I am Africa. I am India. I am Malcolm X. I Am Legend. I am the spirit of Gandhi. The Peace of the Dalai Lama. I just rode this unicycle here today because I felt like it. I am my own individual. That's why I have a unique taste for PBR, artisanal cheese, and fixed gear bicycles. Those are all the unique things about me that make me, well, me.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:01 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,462,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Where is your neuroscience degree from again?
Instead of going after the argument, you're trying to go after the person presenting it. If you have a disagreement with the argument that human brain isn't set up to do high-function multitasking, lay it out clearly and completely. Don't use distraction unless, for you, this is a fight to win instead of an argument to prove in error.

I'm not sure of the purpose of your response, as what I've stated has been neither controversial nor an attack against you. I've only said that when we are listening to and focused on an audiobook (or an NPR story, etc.) then we are not attending to the task of driving in the way that a 3000 lb. freeway missile deserves.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:53 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
But don't you live in the suburbs? *GASP*
Yes! To be truly a hipster, you have to be over 50, have bad knees, wear clothes from LL Bean (Garanimals for adults), live in the suburbs, drink cheap wine with your neighbors every other night, go out to breakfast on Saturday mornings after hitting the farmer's market, and blast the Moody Blues and/or Pink Floyd out of your open sunroof.

Did I forget anything?

Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,508,240 times
Quote:
Yes! To be truly a hipster, you have to be over 50, have bad knees, wear clothes from LL Bean (Garanimals for adults), live in the suburbs, drink cheap wine with your neighbors every other night, go out to breakfast on Saturday mornings after hitting the farmer's market, and blast the Moody Blues and/or Pink Floyd out of your open sunroof.

Did I forget anything?
This is a new classification of hipster. *head spins*

Old 05-07-2013, 07:51 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:

Did I forget anything?

Pink Floyd - Pow R. Toc H. (Live in Stockholm, 10/9/67)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning