Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 09:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times

Advertisements

Today i went to a meeting in a series of workshops put on by my agency planning its future. One of the exercises gave us a map and ribbon to represent service frequency.

I wasn't sure how the workshop was going to work, but the map cut off at my home and didn't include all of my destinations. Half of the map covered places i find too far to take transit. The time trade-off is around 4x compared to driving and 2x more than biking.

But it was an interesting exercise.

Have you gone to meetings about transit in your city? What happened?

We talked a lot about frequency, transfers and directness. Our suggestions focused on frequent east west travel to get to the core north south routes. We have loads of frequent n/s routes and e/w routs are every 30 minutes or worse. It is typically faster to walk the e/w and that was a key complaint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 10:52 PM

21,829 posts, read 25,094,690 times
Not local. I've been in some Caltrans ones, but they're in the programming phase which is even before planning. They weren't specifically focused on transit specifically, more the total CTP2040 and how that would apply in the 5/10-year horizon at the MTP level as far as applying for Caltrans/federal funding for the upcomming programming cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning