U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 07:04 PM

15,847 posts, read 30,349,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
Show me exemplar cookie cutter housing--real, honest, straight from a conveyer belt.

Southwestern Tijuana area:

http://goo.gl/maps/kW4su
http://goo.gl/maps/IOmTd
Geez, I'd hate to be drunk one night and have to try to find the right house.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 12:15 PM

46,053 posts, read 29,509,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

20yrsinBranson
I use to work as a delivery driver for a printing company and from time to time I would deliver to people's homes, and there was this one subdevelopment beach townhouse neighborhood where every single unit looked almost identical. I stood at the wrong house for the longest time before I realized that I looked at the address on the house wrong and was something like 4 houses down from where I needed to be.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:39 PM

14,061 posts, read 16,070,870 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
I just like how every one of them has a window where they didn't put in a window, windows don't fit the openings, etc, etc. That honestly bothers me a lot more than the cookie nature of the place. There's one design (two if you consider the roof variation and colors alternate), and they couldn't even get that right.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:08 PM

32,366 posts, read 59,807,408 times
That blind window freaks me out a little, too.

I have an friend who grew up in a neighborhood full of 1950s white aluminum-sided bungalows in a Cleveland suburb. There were probably no more than 2 or 3 different housing styles in that subdivision, and even those different styles looked alike. I was never able to find his parents' house on the first ... or second ... try. In the dark, after a few beers, it was more like the fifth or sixth try.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:32 PM

1,305 posts, read 1,254,576 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
On a slight side note but on the subject: A friend's brother was drunk one night in his parents neighborhood in Florida. He crawled into the window of the wrong house thinking it was his and the owners caught him. Even though they were neighbors, he still pressed charges and he had to go to jail for three months, a little overkill in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or