Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 07:14 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,065,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lprmesia View Post
Toledo (~700,000) isn't labelled on the map which is being included in "Detroit", so the folks in NW Ohio commuting to Toledo are shown as Detroit.

The same applies to Fort Wayne (~500,000) being included as Indianapolis.

However, there's also much larger cities (Baltimore, Hampton Roads Metro) that are omitted on this list, or in case of the Hampton Roads metro being included in smaller cities (Richmond).
Neither is Grand Rapids (~1 million). The way people are interpreting this map is killing me over here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 11:16 AM

714 posts, read 747,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
what eastern bias? Baltimore is not even listed and its intent is to show the largest regional associations. CS is not large enough to be part of the equation in this sense
and Spokane, WA is shown so it must just be a conspiracy against CO Springs...

Old 02-01-2017, 09:24 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,244,032 times
I found Chicago's reach to me smallish? With all of central Illinois in green and not blue with Chicago. I assume the green denotes more a connection to the green from Des Moines?

If so? It proves the disconnect that the southern half of Illinois has with Chicago and how there is not just a total disconnect? But little respect they have the Nations 3rd largest city in their state and a high-roller even Globally.

Why in a large degree. Chicago is misplaced in Illinois. It originally was to be part of Wisconsin to begin with. This is true and I believe should have been as originally? Wisconsin to the southern tip of Lake Michigan.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:12 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtoWAtoUT View Post
and Spokane, WA is shown so it must just be a conspiracy against CO Springs...
Oh, for God's sake! Sorry I brought it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning