Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:30 AM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times

Advertisements

To be fair, St. Louis downtown may not be the most busy, but it's getting better. About 10,000 people live downtown now, and most buildings are either occupied, in the process of renovation, or at least have a plan in process.

Also, St. Louis Downtown crime is down 11% since last year, and it decreased 15% since the year before that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 03:27 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Dood i will honestly say it my self, our downtown is lame.. but it has more pedestrians that walk threw it on a daily basis than kansas city does according to a reaserch and study paper i had to do a few months back. People on this thread are hillarious
Yeah, only because of the druggies and homeless!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:42 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,343,273 times
I think what CubsGiantsIndiansRangersCardinalsMarlinsRedsRoyals fan2008 is trying to say is that only about 0.5% of the 310,000,000 people in this country ever have fun.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:07 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
o yeah... it's not San Francisco, it's not NYC, Chicago, Miami, or whatever else
Let's not overrate Miami's downtown. The only action there is at Bayside. Most of the action is going on at Miami Beach or at coconut grove. Miami's downtown, however is not that alive.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:24 PM

418 posts, read 1,280,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
skrazzle

What is the name of the building in the photo? Great architecture. I know Missouri has some fun outdoor festivals in St Louis & the Lake of the Ozarks is a lot of fun during summer.
Kauffman Center for Performing Arts, it's in the process of being built right now.

Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts

Old 08-23-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Dood i will honestly say it my self, our downtown is lame.. but it has more pedestrians that walk threw it on a daily basis than kansas city does according to a reaserch and study paper i had to do a few months back. People on this thread are hillarious
I highly doubt it, but i'll admit it is always possible I am wrong... however a 5 minute search (which is all the time I really cared to spend on it) for information on the population of your downtown, turned up nothing... so meh

Old 08-23-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Let's not overrate Miami's downtown. The only action there is at Bayside. Most of the action is going on at Miami Beach or at coconut grove. Miami's downtown, however is not that alive.
Oh yeah, there is nothing really to do there besides a few clubs.... I just threw it on my list cuz its so huge, which I guess isn't the point of this thread so... shame on me

Old 08-23-2008, 04:53 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,984,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Yeah, only because of the druggies and homeless!
Mmm..and you think houston is better?,..that city is trash. Are you trying to say that there is no drunks or homeless in houston.? do your damn reaserch you dont make sense. We should nominate houston for the most cockyest city..since it is better than everyone elses

Old 08-23-2008, 05:04 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,679,286 times
Quote:
Mmm..and you think houston is better?,..that city is trash. Are you trying to say that there is no drunks or homeless in houston.? do your damn reaserch you dont make sense. We should nominate houston for the most cockyest city..since it is better than everyone elses
Don't take sweetclimber's bait. He's not even from Houston. He's from Upstate NY. For some reason, he likes to spend his time here antagonizing the Californians.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:16 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
We should nominate Albuquerque for cockiest because of you only!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning