U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which created city would you most want to live in? (I only used cities that have been updated)
Perone City (#4, 38, 87, 125) 6 12.77%
Athena (#12, 57, 61, 78, 94, 95, 99, 106, 109, 111, 116, 119, 122, 124, 135) 15 31.91%
San Aguilar (#8, 66) 9 19.15%
Heliconia (#14, 58) 0 0%
Bradonberg (#44, 59, 70) 6 12.77%
New Emporis (#83, 84, 115, 141) 6 12.77%
Arcadia Falls (#35, 53, 85, 104) 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 07-14-2009, 09:56 PM
 
Location: STL
1,126 posts, read 2,272,880 times
Reputation: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Updates from Brandonberg's Newspapers..






NEW UNIVERSITY DOORMS, UNIVERSITY ALREADY OUT OF ROOM...



The New University of Brandonberg dorms were completed last week, the dorms became so popular that the University says they are filled to capacity. The University plans to start construction on another phase next month. (Read More)




PERALTA VISTA COMMUNITY TURNS A VISION INTO REALITY..



After 5 years of debating with city planners and the troubles of funds, the New Peralta Vista community is about 60% complete.. with only 2 months left the community will open. About 15,000 housing units have already been sold. Another 6,000 are still up for grabs and are selling fast. The area will include tons of parks and recreation facilities. (Read More)






RIO ALTO ALAMOS CONDOS SET TO OPEN IN SEPTEMBER.



Developer and Billionaire Gus Monroe today anounced his 15 condo buildings will open on September 15. The city's main downtown area will also open on the same day. Gus Monroe also spoke about his new development on the city's west side. (Read More)




IMPRESSIVE DOWNTOWN AREA ON TRACK.




It was only 4 1/2 years ago that the city's downtown was a more of a ghost town, most historic buildings were torn down over 10 years ago, Brandonberg's skyline was named one of the worst of its kind in 2000. Thats all about to change.. or it already has in the past 2 years, over 34 new highrises will all openall at once on September 15. The project is known as one of America's biggest downtown revivals in its history. The vision and planning began with Mayor Bradly Salazar, The city council, city billionaires Gus Monroe and Alex Stevens in 1998. Included is over 100 Restaurants, 35 hotels/resorts, 5 new casinos, 19 condo towers, and a new riverwalk, the largest in north america. A new city hall and convention center will also open. The convention center will be the largest in North America as well. (Read More)






POPULATION NUMBERS TO SOAR..

In the 2000 Census the city's population was 580,364.. That is a thing of the past. From 1980 to present day Brandonberg is known as one of the Fastest growing cities in America. Today it is the fastest growing and it has been since 2004. 2008 Census population stands at 855,952 jumping 47.5% in just 8 years. With the new downtown area those numbers could fly past 930,000 in the 2010 Cenus.

Brandonberg's Metro now stands at an Estimated 1.7Million, Loomisville a larger incorporated Suburb has grown to about 345,898 (Read More)
Hey these links don't work .
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-14-2009, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
4,493 posts, read 4,290,053 times
Reputation: 2360
AMTA SUBWAY TO EXPAND SERVICES

The Athena Metropolitan Transportation Authority, otherwise know locally as AMTA, has announced that it will expand bus, and heavy rail services, as well as building a light rail system. It will add three new lines, one from Griffin to Swansonburg, Alexander to Atlantis and Darwin to Julian Park. In all, the project will cost $500 million. Other thing will include renovations of 20 subway stations and 15 elevated stations, new trains and a restaurant or convience store that sells food and drinks.
"We are very excited about the expansion project", said Bill Murrez, the chairman of AMTA. "It will really boost and continue for Athena to live up and become an even better urban city in the future than it is today. Athena is known for its reliable and excellent public transportation. We want to keep it that way."


Architectures like Renzo Piano and Santiago Calatrava have agreed to help with the design for the stations. Here is a photo of the recently renovated Jefferson Station in Downtown Athena.

OTHER AREA NEWS

Athena has been ranked as one of the most popular cities in the world by Forbes. It ranked 4th, ahead of the likes of Paris, Hong Kong and Los Angeles but behind Tokyo, New York City and London.



Athena is internationally reowned for its diverse and vibrant nightlife. Poshtown (known by many as Little Amsterdam) is the city's most popular red-light district. It is home to nearly 20% of all Athena's strip clubs and 40% of all sex shops alone in the city. There are over 3000 sex shops and 2200 strip clubs in Poshtown, as well as 1200 nightclubs.

A new BAPS temple will be built in Greater Athena. It will be modeled after the original BAPS temple in New Delhi, and the specific location will be located in the suburb of Griffin. It will be he largest Hindu temple outside of India.



The original BAPS temple in New Delhi, India.


Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2009, 11:27 AM
 
Location: STL
1,126 posts, read 2,272,880 times
Reputation: 521
Latest new about New Emporis:
Delmar is a vibrant neighborhood of 75,000 people that is located on the cities northeast side. The neighberhood is known for its great festivals which attract about 50,000 people to each one.
Neighborhood: Delmar
Area: 5 sq. miles
Population Density: 15,000 per sq. mile
Population: 75,000
White %: 48
Black %: 18
Hispanic %: 6
Asian %: 25
8 tallest buildings heights in feet: 400-325-275-250-230-215-205-200
% of Resident's With a Bachelor's Degree or Higher: 65%
Median Household Income: $100,000
Median House Value: $800,000
% of Individuals Below Poverty Level: 3%
% of Foreign Born Residents: 10%
% of Residents That Speak Language Other Than English at Home: 15%
% of Residents 65 Years and Older: 15%

Central West End, Saint Louis, MO - City Skyline Photography Prints, Canvas, Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Digital Stock Art


Barnes Jewish Hospital, Saint Louis, MO - City Skyline Photography Prints, Canvas, Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Digital Stock Art

Washington is a very important neighborhood on the cities near east side. Nicknamed "The Brooklyn of New Emporis", the neighborhood has the urban feel of Brooklyn with the diversity of Queens and is the main cultural and ethnic melting pot in New Emporis. Most of the cities ethnic enclaves of New Emporis can be found here, including Little Italy, Chinatown, Little Ethiopia and Little Bosnia. About 60% of white residents are immigrants from another country, mainly Italy, Russia, German, Bosnia, and West India. The neighborhoods International Festival attracts people from all around the US and is the largest ethnic festival in the US. The neighborhoods skyline consists of many 6-18 story lofts, townhouses and walk-up houses, which are the main housing units in the neighborhood.
Neighborhood: Washington
Area: 6 sq. miles
Population Density: 30,000 per sq. mile
Population: 180,000
White %: 28
African-American %: 26
Hispanic %: 23
Asian %: 16
8 tallest buildings heights in feet: 260-240-240-220-220-220-200-200-200-200
% of Resident's With a Bachelor's Degree or Higher: 20%(US average: 27%)
Median Household Income: $30,000 (US average: $50,007)
Median House Value: $180,000 (US average: $181,800)
% of Individuals Below Poverty Level: 20% (US average: 13.3%)
% of Foreign Born Residents: 50% (US average: 12.5%)
% of Residents That Speak Language Other Than English at Home: 60% (US average: 19.5%)
% of Residents 65 Years and Older: 10% (US average: 12.5%)


Washington Avenue, Saint Louis, MO - City Skyline Photography Prints, Canvas, Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Digital Stock Art


Washington Avenue, Saint Louis, MO - City Skyline Photography Prints, Canvas, Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Digital Stock Art


Washington Avenue, Saint Louis, MO - City Skyline Photography Prints, Canvas, Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Digital Stock Art

Last edited by aaronstlcards; 07-15-2009 at 12:51 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2009, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
4,493 posts, read 4,290,053 times
Reputation: 2360
ATHENA RANKED BEST CITY FOR EDUCATION IN THE WORLD



The Thomas Jefferson Filming and Graphic Arts School at the University of Athena. UofA is the most academically successful university in the world, as well as having the biggest endowment in the world. The endowment was $48.2 billion as of July 2009.

It came as no surprise when the Greater Athena Area was ranked as the top education city in the world by US & World Report. The area is known for its colleges and universities, with the city of Athena being home the the largest concentration of universities with an endowment of $1 billion+ in the world. In addition, college students make up an estimated 13.8% of the city population. As of 2009, it stood at 996,327. The largest concentrations of college students within the city were located in University Village (85.2%), Poshtown (54.6%), Jillian's Corner (45%) and Gravelton (63.8%). Some of the most prestigious educational institutions in the Athena area include the University of Athena, Athena Art Institute, University of Alpha, Gamma University, Madison University, Columbus Medical University, Jamestown University and University of Griffin.

Here are a list of colleges and universities in the Greater Athena Area by endowment.

  1. University of Athena, Athena - $48.2 billion
  2. University of Griffin, Griffin - $23 billion
  3. Columbus Medical University, Athena - $19 billion
  4. Madison University, Athena - $10.5 billion
  5. Greenwich University, Athena - $7.5 billion
  6. University of Atlantis, Atlantis - $5 billion
  7. University of Alpha, Alpha - $3.5 billion
  8. Gamma University, Gamma - $2.2 billion
  9. Athena Art Institute, Athena - $1.8 billion
  10. Swansonburg University, Swansonburg - $980 million
  11. Dillon College, Dillon - $832 million
  12. University of Midtown Athena, Athena - $818 million
Here are a list of colleges and universities in the Greater Athena Area by student population.

  1. University of Midtown Athena, Athena - 67,839 - $818 million
  2. University of Alpha, Alpha - 60,725 - $3.5 billion
  3. Orangeburgh University, Orangeburgh - 52,315 $499 million
  4. University or Griffin, Griffin - 42,721 - $23 billion
  5. University of Athena, Athena - 37,520 - $48.2 billion
  6. Athena Art Institute, Athena - 32,456 - $1.8 billion
  7. Swansonburg University, Swansonburg - 29,998 - $980 million
  8. Gamma University, Gamma - 28,345 - $2.2 billion
  9. Greenwich University, Athena - 28,190 - $7.5 billion
  10. University of Atlantis, Atlantis - 27,839 - $5 billion
  11. Griffin University, Griffin - 27,584 - $689 million
  12. Columbus Medical University, Athena - 26,999 - $19 billion


Student residence being constructed near University of Alpha.


The School of Medicine building of Greenwich University. Greenwich University is a block from the University of Athena and the Athena Art Institute.

Last edited by nature's message; 07-15-2009 at 07:51 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2009, 08:26 PM
 
Location: St Paul, MN - NJ's Gold Coast
5,262 posts, read 7,530,017 times
Reputation: 2901
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Love the thread, +rep

City name: Perone City
City population: 325,250
Metro population: 1,000,000
White %: 30%
African-American %: 30%
Hispanic %: 20%
Asian %: 20%
10 tallest buildings heights in feet: 815, 750, 600, 550, 525, 500, 495, 475, 450, 425
Buldings >950 feet tall: 0
>800 feet tall: 1
>650 feet tall: 2
>500 feet tall: 5
Sports teams: NFL, NBA, and MLB
Yearly weather averages (average high-low, rain, snow): July AVERAGE HIGH/LOW, 83/62 - January Average High/Low, 30/22... (AVERAGE) 40 inches of rain per year and 30 inches of snow per year.
Perone City News Report.

Mayor Perone sucks his teeth when he hears about the rise in crime in the southern section of the city. He plans on starting teen and young adult organizations to the public to influence the people to stay away from crime and drugs.
He also says the construction of the new Private school for people with a very low family income is nearly complete; He claims "It will be a very difficult school to get into". The school plans to open this next year allowing up to 700 students for grades 7-12.

The median Housing cost dropped 25% this year from the median cost of a home in 2008 costing $325,000 to 2009's average cost of $243,750. One Realtor says "I have homes that were up for $1,300,000 that are now down to $995,500"

The Perone meadows are now being thought of as a golden opportunity for growth. Urban Planners say that the 3 square miles have the potential to take 60,000 more people and 1,000 more jobs... The Perone University Enviorenmentalist are outraged with the proposal and act quikly on the idea stating that "The Cities meadows are what make this city great and stunning" This brings up to discussion that Perone City has the most protected space than any other major city in the country... If this comes into action, the population density will dramatically increase by 21,000/sqmile to 35,000/sqmile and the total population will most likely grow to 385,250. The argument is being settled at the county seat.

History Record July lows hit Perone City Saturday with a Temperature down to 53 degrees.

A family of Perone meadow residents came into a west side neigborhood eating another residents grass. The neighborhhod was shocked by the sight since it was in such an urban area, The family of deer were safely brought back to the meadows with a full stomach.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 PM
 
Location: STL
1,126 posts, read 2,272,880 times
Reputation: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Perone City News Report.

Mayor Perone sucks his teeth when he hears about the rise in crime in the southern section of the city. He plans on starting teen and young adult organizations to the public to influence the people to stay away from crime and drugs.
He also says the construction of the new Private school for people with a very low family income is nearly complete; He claims "It will be a very difficult school to get into". The school plans to open this next year allowing up to 700 students for grades 7-12.

The median Housing cost dropped 25% this year from the median cost of a home in 2008 costing $325,000 to 2009's average cost of $243,750. One Realtor says "I have homes that were up for $1,300,000 that are now down to $995,500"

The Perone meadows are now being thought of as a golden opportunity for growth. Urban Planners say that the 3 square miles have the potential to take 60,000 more people and 1,000 more jobs... The Perone University Enviorenmentalist are outraged with the proposal and act quikly on the idea stating that "The Cities meadows are what make this city great and stunning" This brings up to discussion that Perone City has the most protected space than any other major city in the country... If this comes into action, the population density will dramatically increase by 21,000/sqmile to 35,000/sqmile and the total population will most likely grow to 385,250. The argument is being settled at the county seat.

History Record July lows hit Perone City Saturday with a Temperature down to 53 degrees.

A family of Perone meadow residents came into a west side neigborhood eating another residents grass. The neighborhhod was shocked by the sight since it was in such an urban area, The family of deer were safely brought back to the meadows with a full stomach.
Wow, 35,000 per sq. mile, that even puts New York to shame. You do know that your city, with a population of only 385,250 and a population density of 35,000 per sq. mile, will only be 11 sq. miles? That's like a large neighborhood .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2009, 01:04 PM
 
Location: STL
1,126 posts, read 2,272,880 times
Reputation: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
Latest new about New Emporis:
Delmar is a vibrant neighborhood of 75,000 people that is located on the cities northeast side. The neighberhood is known for its great festivals which attract about 50,000 people to each one.
Neighborhood: Delmar
Area: 5 sq. miles
Population Density: 15,000 per sq. mile
Population: 75,000
White %: 48
Black %: 18
Hispanic %: 6
Asian %: 25
8 tallest buildings heights in feet: 400-325-275-250-230-215-205-200
% of Resident's With a Bachelor's Degree or Higher: 65%
Median Household Income: $100,000
Median House Value: $800,000
% of Individuals Below Poverty Level: 3%
% of Foreign Born Residents: 10%
% of Residents That Speak Language Other Than English at Home: 15%
% of Residents 65 Years and Older: 15%

Central West End, Saint Louis, MO - City Skyline Photography Prints, Canvas, Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Digital Stock Art


Barnes Jewish Hospital, Saint Louis, MO - City Skyline Photography Prints, Canvas, Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Digital Stock Art

Washington is a very important neighborhood on the cities near east side. Nicknamed "The Brooklyn of New Emporis", the neighborhood has the urban feel of Brooklyn with the diversity of Queens and is the main cultural and ethnic melting pot in New Emporis. Most of the cities ethnic enclaves of New Emporis can be found here, including Little Italy, Chinatown, Little Ethiopia and Little Bosnia. About 60% of white residents are immigrants from another country, mainly Italy, Russia, German, Bosnia, and West India. The neighborhoods International Festival attracts people from all around the US and is the largest ethnic festival in the US. The neighborhoods skyline consists of many 6-18 story lofts, townhouses and walk-up houses, which are the main housing units in the neighborhood.
Neighborhood: Washington
Area: 6 sq. miles
Population Density: 30,000 per sq. mile
Population: 180,000
White %: 28
African-American %: 26
Hispanic %: 23
Asian %: 16
8 tallest buildings heights in feet: 260-240-240-220-220-220-200-200-200-200
% of Resident's With a Bachelor's Degree or Higher: 20%(US average: 27%)
Median Household Income: $30,000 (US average: $50,007)
Median House Value: $180,000 (US average: $181,800)
% of Individuals Below Poverty Level: 20% (US average: 13.3%)
% of Foreign Born Residents: 50% (US average: 12.5%)
% of Residents That Speak Language Other Than English at Home: 60% (US average: 19.5%)
% of Residents 65 Years and Older: 10% (US average: 12.5%)


Washington Avenue, Saint Louis, MO - City Skyline Photography Prints, Canvas, Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Digital Stock Art


Washington Avenue, Saint Louis, MO - City Skyline Photography Prints, Canvas, Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Digital Stock Art


Washington Avenue, Saint Louis, MO - City Skyline Photography Prints, Canvas, Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Digital Stock Art
Here's a few more photos of Washington:

http://flushingnewyork.net/wp-conten...ingnewyork.jpg

http://lodging4rent.com/wp-content/u...chinatown.JPEG


http://www.johnsoftich.com/images/LittleItaly.jpg
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2009, 02:31 PM
 
Location: St Paul, MN - NJ's Gold Coast
5,262 posts, read 7,530,017 times
Reputation: 2901
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
Wow, 35,000 per sq. mile, that even puts New York to shame. You do know that your city, with a population of only 385,250 and a population density of 35,000 per sq. mile, will only be 11 sq. miles? That's like a large neighborhood .
hah, I like density
But the meadow looks as if it will remain preserved


But the density is still higher than most.

Last edited by BPerone201; 07-17-2009 at 03:02 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2009, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
4,493 posts, read 4,290,053 times
Reputation: 2360
Looks very vibrant and urban. I should go there.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2009, 05:10 PM
 
55 posts, read 76,711 times
Reputation: 31
City name: Charismaville
City population: 32
Metro population: 32
Racial breakdown: Nobody cares
10 tallest buildings heights in feet: 34, 32, 32, 31, 30
Buldings >950 feet tall: 0
>800 feet tall: 0
>650 feet tall: 0
>500 feet tall: 0
Sports teams: none
Yearly weather averages (average high-low, rain, snow):
July: 85/65
January: 38/28
Annual Rainfall: 40 inches
Annual Snowfall: 25 inches
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top