Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 01:01 PM

90 posts, read 235,286 times

Advertisements

Those temps look like average high temps to me. It's already hit 110 or so a few times this month. If it were me, I'd look elsewhere. St. George is highly over rated, and HOT, you may as well live in Vegas where you at least get some entertainment, and not just gambling. If you're considering Utah for it's outdoor activities, I'd suggest Moab or Kanab if you can deal with their remote locations. Even better, Fredonia, AZ (just across the border from Kanab), or even Page or Beaver Dam, AZ where you can get "real beer" and a lottery ticket once in awhile. Other possibilities, though not as mild in winter might be Grand Junction or Cortez, CO.

Any border town that's just outside of Utah is better than being behind the "Zion Curtain" that makes up Utah's borders. This affords you the ease of access to Utah's great outdoors without having to deal with its ludicrous laws/politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 04:30 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,193,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjlowe View Post
Those temps look like average high temps to me. It's already hit 110 or so a few times this month. If it were me, I'd look elsewhere. St. George is highly over rated, and HOT, you may as well live in Vegas where you at least get some entertainment, and not just gambling. If you're considering Utah for it's outdoor activities, I'd suggest Moab or Kanab if you can deal with their remote locations. Even better, Fredonia, AZ (just across the border from Kanab), or even Page or Beaver Dam, AZ where you can get "real beer" and a lottery ticket once in awhile. Other possibilities, though not as mild in winter might be Grand Junction or Cortez, CO.

Any border town that's just outside of Utah is better than being behind the "Zion Curtain" that makes up Utah's borders. This affords you the ease of access to Utah's great outdoors without having to deal with its ludicrous laws/politics.
Spending your day making friends I see.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:05 PM

25,513 posts, read 18,640,285 times
Quote:
This affords you the ease of access to Utah's great outdoors without having to deal with its ludicrous laws/politics.
Which ludicrous laws would those be? The only ludicrous laws that I'm aware of lately are the ones being rammed down everyone's throats from the federal level. I haven't found Utah state laws to be all that restrictive...

Old 08-03-2010, 10:10 AM

90 posts, read 235,286 times
@hiligi - I don't need friends like you.

@ChrisC - Ludicrous Laws/legal practices:
Utah bars fined for failing to scan customer IDs - Business - Small business - msnbc.com (Utah plays Big Brother)

Utah Supreme Court overturns Jeffs convictions, orders new trial - CNN.com (Utah likes rapists, if they're Mormon)

Utah: land of 3.2 percent beer, and sometimes even less | Modern Brewery Age | Find Articles at BNET (Utah doesn't like 'real beer')

You have to buy "the good stuff" from state run liquor stores. Where in AZ, NM, and most other states you can just buy liquor from your local grocery store.

Gay couple arrested by Mormon - Utah doesn't like gays

Mormon Church Enters California Gay Marriage Fight | \ | Advocate.com the LDS church really hates gays, and interferes with other state's legislative processes

I could go on, and on. Suffice it to say - Utah has ludicrous laws. It's a great place, geologically speaking, but it definitely could use some work on social awareness.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:55 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,193,840 times
Quote:
@hiligi - I don't need friends like you.

@ChrisC - Ludicrous Laws/legal practices:
Utah bars fined for failing to scan customer IDs - Business - Small business - msnbc.com (Utah plays Big Brother)

Utah Supreme Court overturns Jeffs convictions, orders new trial - CNN.com (Utah likes rapists, if they're Mormon)

Utah: land of 3.2 percent beer, and sometimes even less | Modern Brewery Age | Find Articles at BNET (Utah doesn't like 'real beer')

You have to buy "the good stuff" from state run liquor stores. Where in AZ, NM, and most other states you can just buy liquor from your local grocery store.

Gay couple arrested by Mormon - Utah doesn't like gays

Mormon Church Enters California Gay Marriage Fight | \ | Advocate.com the LDS church really hates gays, and interferes with other state's legislative processes

I could go on, and on. Suffice it to say - Utah has ludicrous laws. It's a great place, geologically speaking, but it definitely could use some work on social awareness.
Oh no, I am hurt, what will I do without angry guys who want easy access to alcohol!

Your nirvana is a bunch of drunks, that is great for you , some of us don't mind having the lowest chance of being killed by a drunk driver.

You can find many places having various rules on PRIVATE property; I don't see what that has to do with restrictive laws?

[SIZE=3]The Mormon Church along with the Baptists etc. were are all united on the Gay marriage issue and IMO they are all wrong but what does that have to do with Utah? It was a California Law they were supporting. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Other then the alcohol laws which are just a little restrictive but is hardly overbearing, what LAWS (site the code please) are so ludicrous and different then other states? [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah