Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:55 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times

Advertisements

Thats unusual though. My friend is catholic and around LDS people all the time. She always got girls in the ward to babysit for her then when her kids were older her daughter babysat for LDS people. I think sometimes the situations are isolated. I know here there are baptists everywhere.......and they stick together but it doesnt bother me. Anyways heading back to the bad driver area. I am renting a car there so I can drive to St. George...hope I drive good. I have been in training here in Oklahoma lol

Old 08-30-2008, 12:27 PM

702 posts, read 1,983,598 times
Just to let u know...its supposed to rain this weekend

Old 08-31-2008, 05:54 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,453,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
but visitors have a different view because they don't live here...already been told someone can't babysit for me because im not lds...hmmmmm...never will be though...not my thing..im not religious but does that make me a bad person..no it doesn't
no, it doesn't make you a bad person. so just laugh at the few idiots that actually believe stuff like that, because they are obviously missing the point of the message they should be living. that still doesn't make them bad people either, just ignorant of some things (and admittedly, some things that i take for granted as common sense).

the rest of us are quite nice as a general rule. we all have our moments, but most of us are pretty normal.

aaron out.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:38 PM

702 posts, read 1,983,598 times
my neighbor is nice and I met the other one.but one is not LDS and the other one is..the one that is is not originally from Utah..the issue with the one I asked to babysit are original Utahns..so maybe it makes a difference i dont know

Old 09-01-2008, 11:08 PM

15 posts, read 33,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrprinze View Post
What is Utah really like? I'm moving to Utah from California. Are the people really racist? I'm an African-American of light skin complexion. I've been to Utah before and rarely see Black people. However, I have seen more and more Latinos in SLC County and Utah County.....HELP!
Your question is an ironic one, and rather silly as well. As a rule, the VAST majority of racism is black against white.

Unlike the little bit of white racism that exists, which typically consists of little more than a rare racial epithet uttered by a drunk teenager, black racism typically manifests itself as large-scale, aggressive, violent behavior against whites.

When it comes to safety, a white person should be far more concerned about venturing into a black area than the other way around. Indeed most white people are terrified of venturing into black areas, although few of them will admit it.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:38 AM

1,458 posts, read 4,130,940 times
Wow, GP....was just saying I agreed w/you on the other thread, then come and read this HATE.

Clueless....

Old 09-02-2008, 08:34 PM

34 posts, read 157,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentilePatriot View Post
Your question is an ironic one, and rather silly as well. As a rule, the VAST majority of racism is black against white.

Unlike the little bit of white racism that exists, which typically consists of little more than a rare racial epithet uttered by a drunk teenager, black racism typically manifests itself as large-scale, aggressive, violent behavior against whites.

When it comes to safety, a white person should be far more concerned about venturing into a black area than the other way around. Indeed most white people are terrified of venturing into black areas, although few of them will admit it.
Wow...I'm speechless.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:28 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faststeel View Post
Wow...I'm speechless.
Just for the record, I don't think GentilePatriot lives in Utah. When I challenged him in another thread, he (assuming a "he") responded with the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentilePatriot View Post
[font=Arial] ... your query has a sincere tone, and perhaps reflects your insulation from such realities by virtue of you living in one of the whitest states in the country ... I only hope the residents of Utah learn this simple truth before it’s too late

Old 09-03-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
Just for the record, I don't think GentilePatriot lives in Utah. When I challenged him in another thread, he (assuming a "he") responded with the following:
To Coolcats: No, I do not live in Utah, although I'm reasonably familiar with the state, having traveled there a number of times both for work and on vacation. My interest in this forum is derived from the fact that I might be moving to Utah in the coming months. Also, I would not refer to your previous response to me as a challenge. Rather, it was more an implied threat that if I discussed the issue of race in a manner you deem unacceptable, then acting in your capacity as the moderator you would delete my posts to this forum.

Frankly, that's the response of someone who's not able to argue on the basis of logic, facts, and empirical evidence. It's essentially equivalent to shouting, "Shut up and if you don't shut up I'll shut you up!"

To other forum participants: It's certainly not my intent to disrupt this forum or personally insult anyone. I am, however, something of a race realist, and as such I'm not chained by the shackles of political correctness, nor am I intimidated by the Great Taboo that prohibits an honest discussion of race and race-related problems.

For the record, I have absolutely nothing against anybody solely because of their race, religion, creed, or ethnicity, nor do I believe that one race should ever exercise state-enforced superiority over another.

I do, however, recognize that there are tremendous differences in behavior that can be clearly generalized by race.

This is not the same as saying every black person is bad and every white person is good. Obviously such an assertion is absurd.

However, there are generalized racial differences that manifest themselves in virtually every corner of this country. For example, name me one majority black community in the entire United States that has a crime rate below the national average. As Yale-educated researcher Jared Taylor has documented, using FBI crime statistics and Census Bureau demographic data, there is no such community.

I did not make things this way. Nor am I happy they are this way, but this is the way they are and I cannot control that.

As a consequence, most white people choose to live apart from most black people, even though it is also true that very few white people will admit to this. It's what neoconservative Dinesh D'Sousa once called "rational discrimination." We do this NOT because we don't like people who happen to have a darker skin color. Rather, most whites avoid living among most blacks because of the massive crime and community disruption that occurs, along with the inevitable increases in taxes, welfare programs, and government regulations that follow in the wake.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
Wow, GP....was just saying I agreed w/you on the other thread, then come and read this HATE.

Clueless....
Calm down LolaGranola. I don't hate you or, for that matter, anybody else. In fact, I'm even a huge animal lover -- probably the only guy in the country that belongs to both PETA and the NRA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah