Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:35 PM

43 posts, read 74,334 times

Advertisements

i am 23 single and have a indoor cat and a dog. i usually work call centers because its usually a very reliable industry meaning usually if you can find a call center(or contact center) you usually have a job and these days im willing to move to find work here where i am unemployment is high like almost 14% and you cant even get a job at mcdonalds even with formal education. what hope is there for us who didnt go to college..
i dont know what the weather is in utah but we have 4 seasons and winter is so worth the spring and summer

i also love the mountains and i know utah has some i have always lived in friendly small towns and was wondering

coming from an area around chicago well not around exactly like 2 hrs west we
dont have very much traffic out by us
i am looking for some things like cost of living (currently researching)
i would like to be in a pretty safe area no guns going off around the corner (been there done that) looking for a place affordable by the mountains as long as i have internet and power i own dvds and cds
affordable vets and human doctors

i would love to be in colorado but alot of people from there say that there arent many jobs even though the employment rate is lower is this the case of utah??

here in illinois the air quality isnt that great its not the worst either i do love the fields of corn and wheat.

basicly im looking to find a place where no one knows me and get an impression of the world for myself...
also insects here not so bad we do have ticks fleas tree eating beetles but all are pretty normal sized i went to flordia and had ot by a huge fly swater the ants were huge!!!!
also here we get what we call running of the frogs spring and early summer the roads are filled all you hear is crunch crunch as you drive
im gonna be haunted by frogs pretty soon here
umm what else
oh outdoors nothing here really peaks my interest camping is usually done up in wisconson or at rv/campground kinda place and to me thats not camping so i would like to be able to visit and hike pet friendly trails and stuff like that maybe learn whitewater rafting ive never done that but it would help me make a decision
uhh
local wildlife here we have
possumes racoons deer a few coyote but they are disappearing fast fox chicken hawks owls other hawks rabbits stray cats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 05:30 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,970,206 times
I know that many call centers are hiring right now. UT wages are notoriously low compared to other areas of the country. The cost of living is a bit high in comparison to wages. Prices of homes are dropping, however.

We have the usual bugs here, however we do not have fleas. It is too dry. We do have ticks, but that is mostly in the mountains. I have three dogs and have never found a tick on them at all.

We have four seasons also. Albeit, spring and fall are usually quite short lived. In the spring, it goes from cold to hot in no time. In the fall, it is hot, hot then all of the sudden winter sets in. We might have a couple of weeks of actual spring/fall temps.

I couldn't imagine crunching frogs whenever I drove someplace. Eww.

Utah is an outdoors mecca. There are plenty of trails to hike, rafting, boating, fishing, camping, (no. not in a campground..).

In more places than not, it is a very safe place to live. There are a few areas of SLC and surrounding cities that can be a bit sketchy. It is the exception rather than the rule here.

Unless you are living wayyy in the mountains, we do have power and internet. Homes closest to the mountains are more pricey, of course. Really though, any place in Utah is very close to the mountains. From just about any location, you can be to the mountains in 30 minutes or less.

We also have many vets and doctors out here. Just like any industry, you need to shop around for the best care and prices.

Best of luck!

Old 09-28-2010, 10:22 PM

thank you very much very helpful its very tough to make a choice everyone speaks great about the places they live and the truth is that you wont know till you go i just dont want to end up eating crow im not very good at that

Old 09-30-2010, 09:55 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,847,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondedroid View Post
end up eating crow --- im not very good at that
Practice makes perfect !

What does crow taste like anyway ???

Aw shucks, just get here, for a visit first.
Check out the employment possibilities, and go from there.
It will not be easy, but what does come easy anyway ?
If you really want something, you WILL get it.

Most of all, be your self, and have an genuine interest in other people.
Keep a smile on your face ALL the time,
so people wonder what you are up to ....

Old 09-30-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post

What does crow taste like anyway ???
I have heard it tastes like chicken, of course.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:17 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,847,869 times
uhmmm ....
OP did say :

<<<i just dont want to end up eating crow im not very good at that>>>

The last part tells me the OP has done it before ....

I love the English Language !!!
Word plays are really a lot of fun !!!

BTW:
Leave it to cuss chapter 11 (bible somewhere ... dunno where, I am always searching for it ...)
says
crow unfit to eat !!! Hah !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
need help/advice-1240605367-eating_crow.jpg  

Old 10-01-2010, 05:55 PM

oh im laughing now oh man crow is not good always leaves you wishing with something to wash it down uck...lol love the picture

Old 10-01-2010, 08:18 PM

835 posts, read 2,075,799 times
Wash it down with a fantastic Utah Microbrew, yummy!

Old 10-08-2010, 09:39 AM

lol thanks
you guys/gals in utah have a good sense of humor
something ive noticed other places lack

Old 10-08-2010, 11:03 AM

Eh, sense of humor is kind of hit and miss with some people of Utah. Just like anyplace, I think. There have been many times I have cracked a joke to have people look at me as if to say "seriously?" Now, I am careful to watch for a reaction before I add a quick "just kidding..it's a joke". But then again, my humor...is...uh..an aquired appreciation. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah