U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:49 AM

596 posts, read 734,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
We came on the urging of my daughter and thought it would be nice to be close to our grandkids. She had conditions for our relationship that we weren't aware of till we got here. Now, sadly, we have no contact with them. We like our adopted town,it's just hard for our bodies to adapt to the altitude, and the winters. I suppose we could have worked harder at it had we been able to fulfill our dream of being grandpa and grandma, but that seems highly improbable now, so I suppose we move on. No, the bible belt wouldn't have worked. We weren't looking for religion coming here. I meant nothing disrespectful by the comment of the religion here seeming to influence the laws, it was simply an observation on my part. And as far as the attitude of some of the people here, I suppose it's not fair. As they say different strokes. We came from and area in Texas that was farm country, and everybody had a wave and a smile, so whose to say if we had moved into a more rural area, it might have been the same here? Maybe my comments are influenced by the dissapointment of our situation, I don't know. But life goes on.
Ok thank you for the explanation.
Honestly I moved to Northern Utah with my wife and there is lots of farm country and nice people here. Nobody knew if we're LDS or not but everyone welcomed us. It depends on the area and people I think. I met some non-LDS people that were extremely strict and churchy sometimes so you can't generalize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 09:32 PM

2,011 posts, read 1,547,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
You know the joke:
"How many N.Y.er's does it take to screw in a light bulb?"
Answer: "None of your %#**## business!".....

Just take up Ballroom Dancing and you'll be fine in Utah County, you can Foxtrot, Argentine Tango, or Waltz any indifferences away in no time, and you'll have more friends than you'll know what to do with, LDS or not, no matter....

Of course, it's a stereotype, but I've found NewYorkers' honesty refreshing... and a lot of Utahns are friendly even if it's gracefully.
Luckily you can dance in any religion!... I think. lol

Old 02-28-2012, 09:10 PM

4 posts, read 3,529 times
There is a meetup.com group of wine drinkers in utah county. they usually hold events at people's homes. i know they go out to dinner sometimes, but most of the events are low-key and cheap. : ) there haven't been any events lately but we'd be into going to one if you want to host it/plan it, like meet at a park or something? not sure where a good spot would be!

Old 02-29-2012, 10:22 AM

3,406 posts, read 4,757,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dori123 View Post
there haven't been any events lately but we'd be into going to one if you want to host it/plan it, like meet at a park or something?
Just do NOT bring wine ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah