U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-15-2012, 12:31 AM

1 posts, read 8,712 times

Advertisements

I have been treated like total crap ever since moving here a year ago. It's gotten so bad, I can't even go to a freaking coffee shop to work without catching crap from a mormon.

Basically, these people are nuts. Period. I would never move here again, no matter how good of an economy they get here. If you don't convert, and they don't like you, you'll definitely know it.

I just hope I can make it out of here alive..

If you're LDS, you might like the place. If you're not, you'll probably hate it here. Just look up Salt Lake City sucks and you'll see what I mean.

I've never seen a 'church' wield so much power and control. From jobs to the government to voting - all controlled. It's disgusting. We're supposed to have separation of church and state. Not here.

Since coming here I've also become atheist. I'm actually glad - it woke me up. Sorry if you are religious, but another religion won't save you here. The LDS are horrible people. I've seen enough. I'm moving asap...

Old 04-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Status: "What do you mean it is winter again?!" (set 21 days ago)

2,239 posts, read 3,800,230 times
You will always find what you are looking for. I am sorry you haven't had the easiest time here. My family frequents Starbucks and has never had a problem. I am not LDS, and never had a problem there. My teen daughter just spent the evening hanging out with her good friends, all of which ARE LDS. Hmm...come to think about it, my preteen just hung out with HER best friend who is LDS too. As far as I know, they have both come back the same religion they left as...

They are NOT horrible people. If they were, I am sure I would have left long before this 18 years that I have spent living in Utah.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:40 AM

16,472 posts, read 31,224,125 times
While the OP is entitled to his opinion, it is NOT the opinion of me or any of the non-LDS people I know who live here. I've lived here 11 years as a non-LDS, in fact pretty much as a non-religious person and I have plenty of friends.

Sure, there are some unfriendly LDS, just as there are unfriendly Catholics, Episcopalians, Baptists, etc. Those people would be unfriendly no matter what their religion. And yes, the LDS culture dominates here just as the Catholic culture dominates in South Louisiana and the Baptist culture dominates in Mississippi. It's not good or bad, it just is the way it is.

Some people will never be happy no matter where they live and I suspect the OP may be one of them. Hope he's happier elsewhere.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:27 PM

973 posts, read 1,142,030 times
^^^^ what they said. We are non LDS, they know we are not converting, no one cares. Hubby and I just spoke today about how we are proud to be Utahns. It's clean, new, most are friendly. You'll always meet jerks anywhere. As far as 'they control the state', for every gripe I have on that, I have 10 positives of it.

1 post??? Hmmm.......

Old 04-16-2012, 08:13 AM

596 posts, read 787,489 times
He's a troll.

And why would Mormons care if you go to a coffee shop? Lol

And if this is real just go back to where you came from. Thanks.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:10 PM

4,378 posts, read 8,624,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy0 View Post
...The LDS are horrible people. I've seen enough. I'm moving asap...
You are entitled to your opinion but LDS are NOT horrible people. Perhaps your experiences here were horrible.

You obviously have tolerance issues. I am a life-long, non LDS, Utahn--and I grew up in Utah county which has a large LDS population. I have met some narrow-minded/judgemental LDS, but they were/are not horrible.

Hopefully you'll find acceptance wherever you end up.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:49 PM

96 posts, read 133,047 times
Here's a tip for anyone having problems breaking the ice with Utah LDS. Bring two kinds of dessert to whatever potluck event you go to, enough for everyone to have both kinds. They will forgive your every sin and flaw. I suggest taking one with chocolate and one with fruit. Home made is best, but good quality purchased will work. Works like a charm every time.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:24 AM

973 posts, read 1,142,030 times
Ironic, my husband had a better job in Atlanta, and I begged no, moving from ohio. I just didn't want the heat. Lol just me.

I am a practicing catholic, who moved from Ohio, loads of catholics, to Utah, and, only in Utah was hubby invited and encouraged to join in a catholic men's club that he loves. Oh, and I'm the boss.

My kids friends are mostly LDS, and no one gives a hoot. I speak with the parents all the time, they know I'm not LDS, I speak with my neighbor (mom of my girls bestie) constantly. She had my girl while I was in physical therapy today.

I don't walk on eggshells. I speak my mind. And my neighbors love me. They have been awesome after I hurt my hand.

Respect goes both ways. I give my LDS peers respect, and they give it back to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah