Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 07:22 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,450,308 times

Advertisements

drawko4 - I grew up on the west side of Madison (near Hilldale)- practically Middleton.

Compared to Wisconsin - Southern Utah summers are like living IN the frying pan. It sizzles. Single digit "humidity" is not fun if you're not prepared.

The beer here isn't bad... Moab has a brewery -

The Moab Brewery: Moab, Utah's only microbrewery and restaurant

and the Slickrock Cafe is also excellent. Slickrock Cafe, Moab, Utah restaurant

Lots of award winning microbrews up here in Salt Lake/Park city...The Utah microbrew cooperative (Wasatch and Squatters) is co-founded by Greg Schirf - who came out to Utah from Wisconsin - of course - and started brewing beer here in the 80's. Not bad stuff at all - and they've won many awareds.

Utah Beers :: Home of Wasatch Beers and Squatters Beers

So you don't have to be completely "dry" here in Utah. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 09:01 PM

328 posts, read 654,877 times
Wow, very cool. We will definitely stop for a tour, if they give them, otherwise pick up a few 6 packs for the evenings....You're starting to scare me....I was in Wyoming last last July/early August...was about 92 93 94 every day high humidity...half the time I didnt even realize how warm it was out but my passengers were drowning in sweat, and then I realized it was a little hot out. Very rarely does the heat bother me, but this will be a new experience for sure. St Louis is as south as I've ever been...

Old 04-26-2012, 12:36 PM

600 posts, read 1,933,213 times
Come up to Brigham City, then drive west and go see the Golden Spike Memorial. It's a must if you are into history.

Go see the train museum in Ogden. And if you like guns, there is the Browning museum as well. Old cars? It's in the same location, the Union Station.

And there is more to see. Utah is not only St.George and Salt Lake.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:14 AM

Thanks TCA....not a gun guy, but the rest sounds appetizing. I hear they're are several dry towns in the state...are there places to go during night time other than a 7/11?

Old 04-28-2012, 08:45 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Even though you've researched the national parks, I'm going to suggest one thing I can almost guarantee you've overlooked. It's Kolob Canyon Reservoir.

http://photos.igougo.com/images/p7367-Bryce_Canyon-Kolob_Reservoir_Drive.jpg (broken link)

As a native Utahn, I've been to Zion far more times than I can count, but it wasn't until my last trip there that a Springville local told me about this place. Wow! It's just barely outside the park but so easy to miss. I'd highly recommend it! There's also a little ghost town not too far from Springdale. I'm afraid I can't remember the name of it. If you haven't already stumbled upon it, let me know, and I'll see if I can be of help.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:53 PM

Excellent, thank you Katz...I'll add it to the list.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:43 PM

243 posts, read 628,897 times
I know this thread is a few days old, but if you see this before you go, check out the San Rafael Swell in central Utah. Not many people spend much time here, but it is home to some of the most picturesque areas in the state. You could also check out the Uintah basin (eastern side of the state, Roosevelt to Vernal and surrounding towns) if you are looking for towns that time has forgotten. For ghost towns close to civilization check out Eureka, Mammoth, and Mercur (if you can still get there?). Just a few ideas.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 AM

164 posts, read 329,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawk04 View Post
Thanks TCA....not a gun guy, but the rest sounds appetizing. I hear they're are several dry towns in the state...are there places to go during night time other than a 7/11?
The only dry towns that i know of aren't really "dry" they just don't sell on Sundays, most Utah only allows 3% beer and liquor stores normally close at 7pm atleast the local ones around me do!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 PM

San Rafeal Swell looks killer....3 percent, yikes...that will get expensive real quickly. Are there bars you can bring your own booze into ? Or is that just a rumor ?

Old 05-17-2012, 12:58 AM

164 posts, read 329,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawk04 View Post
San Rafeal Swell looks killer....3 percent, yikes...that will get expensive real quickly. Are there bars you can bring your own booze into ? Or is that just a rumor ?
Rumor lol. They don't even allow you to walk out with a beer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah