U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 07:24 PM

3 posts, read 13,857 times
Smile Relocating to Utah

My family may relocate to Morgan County , Utah. We are non-LDS. My question is. Would we be excepted in that community? We desire to live in peace with all neighbors. We are of the Christian Faith, and respect others faith and belief. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2006, 08:37 PM

421 posts, read 1,145,255 times
Honestly, just from the tone of your post, you sound like the kind of person who would get along with any neighbors you have. I think you'll do just fine! In my experience, people who are peaceful and accepting receive the same peace and acceptance in return. No guarantees, of course; there's always the oddball neighbor who's just a freak no matter what. But barring that, I think you'll like it and you'll get along with your neighbors well.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:38 PM

68 posts, read 148,225 times
Hello,
We live in a small town of only 5,500 here in Utah and I can tell you that I do have non LDS neighbors and we embrace them just like we do our LDS neighbors. We also have a Baptist church in town and we happen to really like the pastor. He and his family have been very welcomed into our community. He also does a good job of doing things in the community and not barricading himself in his home. You will always have people who will only stick in their circles no matter where you live. My parents are not members of the church, but they love coming to visit us.
I would hope that somone who lives in the Morgan area would reply as to give you more detail of that area.
Just a little P.S. to your "Christian Faith" comment....we are also Christians...hence the name of our church "The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints". Just a little 411

Old 10-06-2006, 08:03 AM

56 posts, read 229,342 times
I know this is a touchy issue to LDS members, but I don't think that dshults was saying that LDS isn't Christian. I understood it as just a point of information to help explain the situation. Relax.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:01 PM

Thank you for the info. Please understand, what I meant is, we are also of christian faith. No misrepresentation was intended towards LDS

Old 10-06-2006, 03:25 PM

18 posts, read 52,812 times
I think you will fit in just fine here! We live in Davis county, not far from Morgan county. The town of Morgan is about 15 minutes from where we live. We have friends who are moving there and have driven through that area. I think it is beautiful! WELCOME!

Angie

Old 10-06-2006, 08:37 PM

Thank you, I have a brother passing through there tomorrow. He is suppose to bring information back. Have a great weekend

Old 10-14-2006, 07:21 PM

6 posts, read 14,155 times
if you want peace with your neighbors, move to Sandy. Morgan is small and word passes fast. Winters are harsh going up and down the canyon. I have relatives up there and it is far from any real city, Ogden not included.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:59 PM

23 posts, read 98,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinFromUT View Post
Hello,
We live in a small town of only 5,500 here in Utah and I can tell you that I do have non LDS neighbors and we embrace them just like we do our LDS neighbors. We also have a Baptist church in town and we happen to really like the pastor. He and his family have been very welcomed into our community. He also does a good job of doing things in the community and not barricading himself in his home. You will always have people who will only stick in their circles no matter where you live. My parents are not members of the church, but they love coming to visit us.
I would hope that somone who lives in the Morgan area would reply as to give you more detail of that area.
Just a little P.S. to your "Christian Faith" comment....we are also Christians...hence the name of our church "The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints". Just a little 411
-----------------

It was my understanding that mormons are not Christian. To be a Christian, you have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God. I thought mormons believe that Jesus was a prophet, not the Son of God.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:53 PM

1,646 posts, read 4,536,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIDALA View Post
-----------------

It was my understanding that mormons are not Christian. To be a Christian, you have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God. I thought mormons believe that Jesus was a prophet, not the Son of God.
No, we believe that Jesus was Son of God from divine parentage. I'll be glad to link you to some sites off line if you would like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah