U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:42 AM

1,367 posts, read 3,624,912 times

Advertisements

Could someone please elaborate for me on the size of Orem and possible jobs in the area? Is it a small, middle, or large town? Or is it considered a city like Orlando, Fl. or Tucson, AZ.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 01:23 PM

46 posts, read 156,995 times
Orem has its own gov. and services but really should be called a part of Provo's metro area as there is no longer any geographic break between the two. The metro area runs from Springville/ almost Spanish Fork all the way up to American fork now. I-15 runs through all of them as well as State Street so other than passing a sign that say's "welcome to Orem" you won't know that you have changed cities. Provo has good malls but the area is best classified as a very small city.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:26 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,455,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
Could someone please elaborate for me on the size of Orem and possible jobs in the area? Is it a small, middle, or large town? Or is it considered a city like Orlando, Fl. or Tucson, AZ.?
I would estimate that Orem is this big [...............................]. When I hold that up to a yardstick, it is considered medium. There are definitely jobs in the area, only you didn't mention what kind you are looking for. Finally, you will need to find someone who has lived in Orem, Orlando, and Tucson to answer your last question.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantL View Post
I would estimate that Orem is this big [...............................]. When I hold that up to a yardstick, it is considered medium. There are definitely jobs in the area, only you didn't mention what kind you are looking for. Finally, you will need to find someone who has lived in Orem, Orlando, and Tucson to answer your last question.
LMAO, your funny. I have someone in Orem that I would like to be near, appreantly he works in Lindon. I work as an assistant manager at an apartment community right now. I have been in the property managment field for a while and would like to stay in the field.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:23 PM

46 posts, read 156,995 times
Probable that you can find a PM company to work for but it will likely be a big cut in pay from what you are used to. Thats just the way it is. If I went out to california it would be a huge raise.
Orem has BYU and more of a transient demographic, so there are some large complex's. You may want to contact the Div. of Real Estate to check on licencing requirements. You indicated a background in more affluent housing, sorry but that is just not the makeup of that community. If you have the money to live that way here, most people buy homes not multi-family. Population density here is not even close to what Fl. is

Old 10-25-2007, 05:24 PM

That really stinks, I really wanted to avoid going to SLC...are you familiar with that area?

Old 10-26-2007, 02:39 PM

421 posts, read 1,182,542 times
Here you go: www.orem.org - Demographics (http://www.orem.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemi d=270 - broken link)

That gives demographic information for Orem, including population, city area, percent rented vs percent owned, etc. Like John2timex said, it really does merge right into Provo, so consider these demographics too: City of Provo, Utah ::

Clearly Provo has a much higher percentage of rentals, and a larger population. Hope that info helps.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:25 PM

Thank you all for the great info!! It is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-15-2009, 12:27 AM

5 posts, read 6,943 times
I live in Orem I used to live in Salt Lake, I have lived in Phoenix (kinda Tucson) and I have been to Orlando. Orem is by far the smallest and about the size of Flagstaff only smashed up along the side of Provo. I say get on Google earth and look at all of the cities and you can click on the setting that showes you buisnesses and that should answer your questions. If you want a biger city move to Salt Lake.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:45 AM

8 posts, read 34,854 times
Default Resident

I have lived in The Orem Area all my life. It is steadily growing larger. For a 18 year old teen, there are plenty of jobs

Overall, it is a safe and pleasant place to live. The people are nice and there is much to do there.
UVU and BYU are the major universities in the area . They supply many jobs and many fun entertainment, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah