U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 10:15 AM

10 posts, read 11,700 times

Advertisements

I'm 26 and have no kids and never ever ever want kids. I hate kids. I've gladly had 2 abortions and I am about to have to have a third. Alzheimer's runs in my family, so even if I wanted kids, I wouldn't do that to someone. I like my body and don't want stretch marks. Everything about kids is unappealing to me. That said, I want to have a tubal ligation or Essure. Either that, or my boyfriend of 5 years said he'll have a vasectomy because he feels the same about kids, too. Does anyone know ANY doctors in Utah that will perform these procedures without giving me crap for having no kids? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks!

P.S. This isn't a question about whether or not you agree or disagree with abortion - thank you!

Old 04-28-2013, 10:50 AM

2,292 posts, read 5,082,390 times
First I'd have to say you sure picked the WRONG State to have this feeling in. Utah, of all the 17 States I've lived in or been in is more baby obsessed than any. With that said in all likelihood the most receptive place to visit for this information would be Planned Parenthood as they deal with your situation more, and won't have the typical "have more babies" attitude this State carries on about. Moderator cut: off topic Good luck in your efforts but as I say you sure picked the wrong place to want your lifestyle

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-13-2013 at 10:34 PM..

Old 04-28-2013, 12:20 PM

1,961 posts, read 3,746,962 times
I would suggest you ask for a referral at Planned Parenthood or perhaps your regular Dr.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:09 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,193,908 times
A vasectomy is way easier and safer than a tubal ligation or other female operation alternatives. And, it's easier to reverse should the need arise.

X2 on the Planned Parenthood connection. It's the best entity in Utah to seek family planning from.

Bill

Old 05-01-2013, 05:12 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,274,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormywormie View Post
I'm 26 and have no kids and never ever ever want kids. I hate kids. I've gladly had 2 abortions and I am about to have to have a third. Alzheimer's runs in my family, so even if I wanted kids, I wouldn't do that to someone. I like my body and don't want stretch marks. Everything about kids is unappealing to me. That said, I want to have a tubal ligation or Essure. Either that, or my boyfriend of 5 years said he'll have a vasectomy because he feels the same about kids, too. Does anyone know ANY doctors in Utah that will perform these procedures without giving me crap for having no kids? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks!

P.S. This isn't a question about whether or not you agree or disagree with abortion - thank you!
Planned Parenthood. You can look them up online and find the most local place to go to. Call ahead of time to set up an appointment if you want an abortion.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-01-2013 at 05:21 PM..

Old 05-01-2013, 08:25 PM

2,447 posts, read 5,895,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
Planned Parenthood. You can look them up online and find the most local place to go to. Call ahead of time to set up an appointment if you want an abortion.

Moderator cut: off topic
I don't believe she was in need of an abortion. She was asking whether a doctor in Utah would provide a tubal ligation without her ever having children.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:17 PM

1,804 posts, read 6,988,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
I don't believe she was in need of an abortion. She was asking whether a doctor in Utah would provide a tubal ligation without her ever having children.
She is having her 3rd abortion, and transitioning from reactive family planning to proactive planning.

Last edited by coolcats; 05-01-2013 at 09:41 PM..

Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 AM

9,535 posts, read 10,841,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormywormie View Post
I know it's ridiculous. The majority of property taxes go to public schools and I don't think that's fair. I don't have kids, so why should I have to pay for other peoples kids? lol I wrote that before I read about your mortgage. ugh, I know. The last abortion I had was in Austin and at that clinic they had a no questions asked policy regarding tubal ligations, etc., so I was wondering if there wasn't anywhere closer to home. Unfortunately, I might have to spend a lot of money to go back down to Texas. Thanks, though.
It would be silly to go to Texas If you're uncomfortable having either procedure in Utah why not just nip over to Colorado. Colorado was, after all, the first state to legalize abortion in 1970. There were no restrictions on duration of pregnancy. If you're on the Wasatch Front Wyoming is a quick drive. The only problem is that we're a small state and may not have adequate facilities.

I'm with you on kids; I hate the little vermin.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:07 PM

19,813 posts, read 55,762,637 times
Since folks can't stay on topic and the OP has answers, this thread is closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or