Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2007, 04:13 PM

38 posts, read 94,699 times

Advertisements

I moved to Northern Utah to find a decent place to raise my family. I'm not involved in the LDS religion.

Most of my coworkers and neighbors are LDS, I live across the street from a beautiful LDS temple, I teach school to many LDS students.

Here are some facts:

Nobody ever trys to discuss religion or try to convert me (I keep a statue of Confucious by my door).
I don't feel judged, mistreated or hated in any way.
My son has plenty of LDS friends.
There is little crime here.
I've been changed by the positive friendly attitude generated by living among these kind people.
This is the cleanest small city I've ever lived in!

The LDS have created a paradise here in Utah, I hope all potential newcomers plan to bring an attitude of respect with them, and leave their fears and misconceptions behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 10:17 PM

784 posts, read 1,980,857 times
I visited the area 2 years ago. I found very friendly and helpful people, very clean cities, and impressive scenery. I will be back. I hear the Bear Lake area is really nice.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,387 times
Default bear lake

Bear Lake is beautiful! in the winter it is great to go snowmobiling, and the summer is a great place to vacation. make sure you get a raspberry shake!!

Old 12-07-2007, 02:30 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,424,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2all View Post
I moved to Northern Utah to find a decent place to raise my family. I'm not involved in the LDS religion.

Most of my coworkers and neighbors are LDS, I live across the street from a beautiful LDS temple, I teach school to many LDS students.

Here are some facts:

Nobody ever trys to discuss religion or try to convert me (I keep a statue of Confucious by my door).
I don't feel judged, mistreated or hated in any way.
My son has plenty of LDS friends.
There is little crime here.
I've been changed by the positive friendly attitude generated by living among these kind people.
This is the cleanest small city I've ever lived in!

The LDS have created a paradise here in Utah, I hope all potential newcomers plan to bring an attitude of respect with them, and leave their fears and misconceptions behind.
Finally a positive opinion about Utah!

Old 12-11-2007, 02:34 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times
Cool LDS big on family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2all View Post

If you were not married or did not have kids it would be a different story.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:55 PM

12 posts, read 40,237 times
I'm curious as to why you say this? My family and I are looking into moving in a few months from Arizona. We came here by way of Kansas and miss snow. LOL We have always talked about northern Utah. Having a family though we want to know as much as possible about all of this.

To the topic starter... What town did you move to?

Old 01-02-2008, 07:40 AM

46 posts, read 234,242 times
Probably Logan. The only other temple north of SLC is Buntiful but most people wouldn't concider that in Northern Utah. We moved here to Cache Valley about three years ago. It has been great. My wife loves the slowed down pace and she finally was able to get a couple of horses. The Valley stays greener than almost any other part of the state and we have about 8 inches of snow out on the ground now. SLC actually has gotten more snow than us this year but because we are colder it will stay longer. The down side to that is that by the time our tomatoes are ripe it almost time for frost again. If you are looking to come to Utah and don't have to be on the WF I would seriously look at Logan.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:05 AM

6 posts, read 16,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
If you were not married or did not have kids it would be a different story.
Why cant we just say in my experience its harder when you are single and have no kids?

I just feel like because it happened to one person then they feel it will happen to everyone when that usually isnt the case.

When you date in Utah you get a lot further if you are LDS but if your not LDS and are still a clean cut nice person with pretty good standards, I think you have a chance. Maybe small still but its there.

I feel that if your moving to Utah whats the harm in learning about what it is they believe, so when you do date you can express your feelings and explain that youve already considered the religion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: