Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2014, 10:15 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,133 times

Advertisements

Just saw this news blurb, that Northern Lights may have been able to be seen in Utah last night.
Anyone see them?

Northern lights may expand south next couple days

Also I am curious to know if anyone has ever seem them in Utah or has photos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 05:14 PM

25,684 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Just saw this news blurb, that Northern Lights may have been able to be seen in Utah last night.
Anyone see them?

Northern lights may expand south next couple days

Also I am curious to know if anyone has ever seem them in Utah or has photos?
Darn, I wish I'd have known about this.

I've seen them once in Utah--Lake Powell of all places!!! This was back in the late 90's. I was on a paragliding trip with some friends and we were boat towing up to altitude and flying the area. Later, I was walking late night to my car. To the north I saw what I first thought was fire (from a distance). But when it covered the entire northern sky, I figured out what it was. I was amazed! I've never seen anything so beautiful. Those dancing colors were spectacular. The fact that I saw them so far south was pretty spectacular as well. Years later I looked it up because I was a bit skeptical, but sure enough, there was a way-larger-than-normal magnetic "event" that night and the northern lights were visible down into Arizona and southern California. For natural phenomena and beauty, that is at the top of my list. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me at the time. But I sure spent a long time staring at the sky in amazement that night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah