Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:06 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplegrapes View Post
I had too contacted customer service a couple months ago about In N Out...There is a corner where there is a vacant lot and the only thing standing there are 2 palm trees which have been planted in Washington...My friend was quick to point out that he's betting that's where it will be built...Ohhh Sergeant I will forever think of you when I see those palm trees when I see them from now on...lol...That made my day ...*wink
If palm trees are the criteria, Sarg and the rest of us should be safe. I don’t think they grow north of St. George anyway. At least until global warming really kicks in. I’ve only eaten at In N Out burger once. Don’t remember much about the food either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 01:29 PM

77 posts, read 434,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantL View Post
I’m aware of their claims, but their food still tastes like paper, which no amount of condiments seems to improve. If one wants healthy food, then one shouldn’t go to any fast food establishment, no matter what gimmick they use to sling their hash.

I am going to start a statewide referendum to ban In-N-Out. My platform consists of the following:

Any fast food that does not grease a sticky heart valve is unsafe for human consumption.

Fry sauce is the state condiment of Utah, and any establishment that does not serve this most precious concoction is of the devil and anti-Utahnian.

Palm trees have coconuts which fall from the tree and pose a significant life safety hazard.

Palm fronds have sharp points and are known to impale endangered migratory birds, and kids can poke their eyes out.
Lol..........................

Old 11-29-2007, 02:00 PM

242 posts, read 1,116,704 times
Sarg, considering the quality of any fast food resturant in the Oakland Ca. area, I can understand your sentiment. I will defend In-N-Out burger though. If I eat fast food, that is the place I would go to to clog my arteries. Now when we head to Vegas, I don't have to always eat at the local In-N-Out places. I can try other establishments with better food. But what can I say, I'm addicted to good Sushi and can't find the really good stuff in Utah.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:14 PM

3 posts, read 10,422 times
Default In-N-Out in Washington

Hey i just drove by the location and they have dumped some pay dirt down so yay there probably gonna start on it soon!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 04:55 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Pay Dirt! Hubby is going down there to see what's going on...we are just up the road a few blocks....be still my heart!

Sarge, you will never have to worry about in n out clogging your arteries, Palm Trees do not grow north of here and I could not be happier...no one should be forced to eat in n out. A&W and Foster Freeze???

Purplegrapes! You did not tell me there was dirt!

Got into Vegas late last night, having spent the holiday with sis and hubby in IL, first thing after luggage and car was to get to the in n out on Tropicana..it was 1:23 a.m. and they were closing...so I settled for a milk shake from jack in the box, wasnt the same.

Anyone from Cal who wants to join us in camping out for the grand opening let me know....we want to be first in line.

Now, that made my day!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:47 PM

41 posts, read 172,966 times
Now if we could only get a Tommy's Burger!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:49 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerone View Post
Now if we could only get a Tommy's Burger!!!!!!

Not holding my breath for Tommy's...but that would be awesome. You know what I miss....a really good, greasy pastrami like the one's at the Hat...

Old 11-29-2007, 06:01 PM

22 posts, read 208,431 times
Congratulations on your In-N-Out! In-N-Out is the only fast food that I will ever eat. It tastes good, it's very inexpensive, is healthier than most other fast food, and it is very quick. It's one of the few things that I'll miss when I move out of Southern California.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:01 PM

610 posts, read 3,318,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantL View Post
Ah, Arctic Circle, not as good as Big Boys or White Castle, but it still served ample helpings of hydrogenated oils and animal fats. Of course, none of these places served cream chipped beef on toast or my personal favorite, a nice can of C-Ration ham and lima beans, piping hot from a duce-and-a-half exhaust manifold.

Fry sauce like seagulls may not be indigenous to Utah, but they have both been adopted.
Now you dunit. Went and mentioned White Castle!! Just had a box this week!
I understand there's a chain thru the south called Krystal's that is the same. Spent a year-and-a-half back in Ohio up til a year ago Sarge - and White Castle is still just about the grossest monkey-food going ... Love it!
I've never seen anywhere serve chipped-beef on toast ... and have you noticed how expensive it's gotten at the store?
It was good to go to Frisch's back east - they're still the Big Boy just like the old days. I hit Utah right before JB's dropped the affiliation - I was saddened.
I wonder if they've put a McD's out at Quail Run yet?
Thanks for not taking it personal, Sarge.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:15 AM

3 posts, read 10,422 times
Default In-N-Out in Washington

Okay so my husband just made fun of me its not pay dirt... its road base lol!!! Anyway whatever it is its something... YAY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah