Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 02:35 PM

281 posts, read 1,185,098 times

Advertisements

I never went to IAO very much. Not because I didn't like it. I think it's the best fast-food in the world. You don't get that popular with just three items on your menu. I didn't go because one, they were usually backed-up and two, because I've gotten away from fast-food in general. But the best part is that they won out on the powers-that-be in that town. Even in Cedar City the story of the St. George keeping them from opening because of the $10/hr wages was well known. But I think it was also that In-an-Out is well known for treating their employees right as far as work rules, over-time and fairness. And the attitude of anyone that works there shows it. It is truly a class act sorely needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 03:04 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,589,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhopper View Post
I found this site by accident while searching for news about In-N-Out coming to St. George (actually Washington). They have really picked up the pace at the construction site. The building is completely framed and ready for stucco. This will not be the old style double lane INO but a full blown restaurant. Believe me this place is going to be VERY busy. It's location is absolutely perfect for people traveling North and South on the I-15 as it's right off the highway.

As a transplanted SoCal-er I am extremely eager for this place to open up. The closest INO to me right now is Las Vegas and I hate going to Vegas. Such a dump of a city. I have already made plans to do my best to be first in line at the new facility. This will probably be the only In-N-Out in Utah... at least for a long long time and I'm ecstatic that it'll be just up the road from my house.
I am looking forward to the opening of this In-N-Out myself, even though there is one not far from where I now live that opened recently. I will now have several reasons to stop in that area to eat. When I'm headed east, I like to wait until I reach St. George to eat, so I can go to Cracker Barrel, since there aren't any in CA or NV. When I'm headed west, I usually wait until I reach Las Vegas, so I can go to In-N-Out on my way home. Now I won't have to wait so long to get an In-N-Out burger in my travels. Washington also has a Pizza Factory, which is one of my kids' favorites, but they never seem to be open when I'm passing through the area. Congratulations to all on getting an In-N-Out there finally!

Old 02-16-2008, 03:10 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,589,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhopper View Post
We'll see how well trained these Utah kids are gonna be behind the counter. Not to mention the fact that any teenager in his right mind will want to work there. INO's all start at $10/hr. Can't beat that flippin' burgers!
This past Labor Day weekend, In-N-Out opened a new restaurant just down the hill from me. They brought experienced trainers to the new location from many of their other locations. I met one trainer from San Diego, another from Los Angeles, and yet another from Fresno, if I remember correctly. These trainers were put up in motels for something like a month while they trained the new staff. On my return visits, the trainers went back home, and the new staff was well trained. You really couldn't tell that most of them were new hires. In-N-Out really does shine in this industry for how well they take care of their employees, from the initial training they provide, to the wages and benefits.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:24 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
I am starting to think I might go apply for a job there...who says its only for teenagers...probably the best paying wages in this county for the average working folk....even part time would be good...hmmm...

Old 02-17-2008, 09:29 AM

11 posts, read 59,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I am starting to think I might go apply for a job there...who says its only for teenagers...probably the best paying wages in this county for the average working folk....even part time would be good...hmmm...
Not a bad idea and I've been to plenty on INOs where the employees weren't all in their teens. It's a fast pace environment that's for sure. If I were to work there I'd probably burn off all the burgers I'd eat just from running around all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerorick
But the best part is that they won out on the powers-that-be in that town.
YES!!! I enjoy living in the St. George/Washington Co. area but I have to admit that the wage situation in this area is pretty pathetic. And it's not just fast food or retail jobs. I work heavy equipment in construction and when I moved here I literally had to barter with my employer to get at least a match for the wages I was making in Arizona. He didn't like me too much after that but I've since changed companies. This fellow expected me to take a $10.50 cut in wages to do the exact same thing I was doing in AZ. Luckily I found a company from Las Vegas doing work here that knows how to take care of their people. But I digress... lol.

I'm just pleased as peaches this place finally caved in. You can't stop the powerhouse that is In-N-Out. Hooray for progress.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:50 PM

281 posts, read 1,185,098 times
I think it's just the start. I've read plenty of posts from people who have lived here all their lives. And many seem to have a problem with outsiders and the "values" they bring. Well one of the "values" is getting paid a decent living wage. It Utah it's reality that many jobs have no job security, no set raise structure and come with a state approved employment policy that provides for termination at any time with or without cause. It would do folks here a lot of good to at least examine why the state votes Republican so reliably. Because if there ever was a Republican business dominated fantesy, it's Utah.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:38 PM

6 posts, read 24,904 times
About friggin' time In-N-Out Burger came to Utah! I've never been there but heard a lot about it. Wish they'd come to the Salt Lake area...

Old 02-21-2008, 02:08 PM

31 posts, read 104,053 times
I like In-n-Out cause it is clean and the people are nice. Plus they are always working, I've never seen people just lallygagging around...and I love the Hat for the same reason.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:29 PM

12 posts, read 46,229 times
Default In-n-Out N Utah

Expect the new store to be conducting open interviews in April sometime. There will be a lot of interested candidates!

Managers make six figures, and regular associates start around $10 bucks, with raises readily available based on skills learned.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:23 PM

12 posts, read 46,229 times
Default Pictures??

If anyone living in the area would mind posting some pictures of the new store construction, that would be great! We will be moving there next month...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah