Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2007, 08:32 AM

3 posts, read 8,178 times

Advertisements

I need some advice about my 8 acres in Fielding, UT (20 miles west of Logan). Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist me!

Fielding is a nice quiet little rural community of only a few hundred residents, near the north end of the Salt Lake Valley. My land is currently irrigated farmland (includes a few canal company water shares) and neighboring properties are converting to residential.

Sooo, I'm wondering how I might estimate its resale value. The best amenities are as follows:

- It's basically "across the road" from the only elementary school at the north end of the S.L. Valley -- under a minute's walk. (Surrounding communities have to drive up to 5 miles or more for their kids to attend it.)

- The post office is just a block and a half down the road.

- Unobstructed views to the west, north, east and southeast are the picturesque mountains rimming the northern end of the S.L. valley, including highest peak in the region (Plymouth Peak, aka Gunsight Peak), the "Gates of the Bear River" (a deep pass the river has carved through the Wasatch from Cache Valley into Salt Lake Valley), and Bonneville shorelines all around.

- I've lived in town off and on for nearly 60 years (living in CA now) and I have never heard of a crime there.

The only limitation to building is culinary water. A share to town's drinking water system is now in the range of 5 or 6 thousand dollars (part of the price of small-town living in that area, I suppose).

I've looked at multi-acre parcels in the area, listed on utahrealestate.com, and an 8-acre parcel seems to range from around $100K (rocky dryland far away from amenities) to over $200K (view lots on the benches).

But those are merely "asking prices". Anybody know what land of this type actually SELLS for in that area now?

Thanks for any advice.

FYI: To see the town (from space), google "map of Fielding, UT" then click "satellite" view. Google's green arrow is at the town center (intersection of Main & Center). The Fielding school is the block immediately NW (up and left) of the arrow. My land is catty-corner from the school, to the NE (up and right), across the intersection of 100 N and Center. the land fronts on Center St and includes part of the plowed field and dark green alfalfa field. Zoom out a bit and you'll see the northern rim of the Salt Lake Valley, with the Bear River Valley about a mile to the SE, Gates of the Bear River cutting through the Wasatch about 4 miles to the NE, and Gunsight Peak (at the south end of the Malad Range) about 4 miles N.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: