U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 05-29-2014, 10:38 AM
1 posts, read 903 times
Reputation: 10


i need help.I bought some property on a note in 1994 sold it a few months later on a note.well merrill title co.did the paper work.now 20 years later I get a letter saying I owe american equities 15000.dollars as the buyers paid it off.I dont understand as I bought it for 120,000 dollars sold it for 150,000 dollars and the interest rate was 10 persnt to the new buyers and mine was 9 percent I cant figure out why i owe Please help I am a senior and have no money for a lawyer I owe on my own home and dont wont to lose it can someone please give some advice right away I only have 10 more days to answer please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Location: Utah
177 posts, read 142,714 times
Reputation: 477
Try going to utcourts.gov, and looking for the self-help feature, If that doesn't answer your question, the site can direct you to the correct place to get help from a help desk. Or call the nearest district court house, and ask them for the number of the help desk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2014, 06:42 PM
152 posts, read 197,477 times
Reputation: 226
Helen -
I think you need a lawyer to assist you. You might start by contacting your local senior citizens center to see if they can point you in the right direction for free legal services. Many senior centers throughout the state have regular legal clinics for people to meet with a lawyer and obtain advice. In Salt Lake County, the Aging Services Division contracts with the Senior Citizen Law Center at Utah Legal Services to help out senior residents with these types of problems. I can't tell what county you're in, but your town may have a similar resource for you. There is also a National Senior Citizen's Law Center (nsclc.org) that you can go to for information and referrals.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top