Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2015, 08:24 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

Many of us in the SLC Valley knew the challenges Dr. Stu Breisch, and his three children had faced, for years. We were stunned to learn of more sad news when the Breisch family was in Thailand for the wedding of Dr. Stu and Sally, when 15 y.o. Kali Breisch was lost in the Tsunami.

The 10 year update is on NBC now. Both Dr. Stu and Shonti have be featured. I knew Shonti had been filming this update, but didn't know Dr. Stu would be shown too.

This brings back a lot of feelings as colleagues and friends of Dr. Stu didn't know what to do when Kali was missing. ABC followed the Breisch family through their ordeal.

Watch if you can.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 11:08 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Default Still a Struggle, But Keep Trying

I probably should have placed this in the SLC Forum. When the Tsunami hit, the Breisch family was a national story.

I didn't mention Sally Nelson and Jai being in the special because I didn't know they were. That was the first time I've seen Jan not in a hospital bed and talking much more about his neck which could have been injured again.

I talked to Shonti today. She didn't watch last night. I think if anyone else here knows the family or worked with Dr. Stu, it is a time to let Shonti and Jai know we are proud of them completing their interviews to honor Kali ' s memory. They are still finding their way to healing......

I found this link where Jai was on Channel 2 at Christmas time.

10 years after tsunami, Utah man recovers, composes music linked to experiences - KUTV -

As one other survivor said in the program, "It's important that we remember as fewer and fewer people do." I agree. The Breisch family has contributed a lot to the Salt Lake Valley; I hope we can give back to them.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 03-16-2015 at 11:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah