Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 970 times

Advertisements

Currently living in California, but I'll be moving to Clearfield, UT pretty soon.
I'd like to know what the weather is like there, especially winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 08:30 PM

32 posts, read 54,705 times
Clearfield lies rather low and sees less snow in the winter than other areas close by, but it can still be significant. Expect two to three bigger storms with 8+ inches a year. Sometimes more (two years ago), sometimes less (this year). You will love the snow though because it cleans up the air, and you will need it. The winter inversions and the smog they cause are right up there with places like NYC or LA. After storms, expect canyon winds to be quite strong sometimes. As temperatures drop after storms generally, these can lead to severe and even dangerous wind chills in places like Clearfield, Sunset and Clinton. Outside of the storms though, winter temperatures are usually around freezing during the day and in the 10s and low 20s at night. It's all very bearable if you dress right, especially since it still tends to be quite sunny (though sometimes hazy...because inversions).

Winter ultimately gets expelled by early May, usually, although it can be nice and cozy much earlier. Hard freeze at can occur as early as late September since we're still pretty high up.

Spring and fall are best described as very sharp and abrupt intervals of almost summer and almost winter. The rainy season is April/May, even though most days will still be sunny. Monsoon season is late August/September and is usually characterized by dry storms, even though substantial rainstorms are not unheard of as far north as Clearfield.

June and July are the most predictable months of the weather year: Hot (90s to low 100s), dry and sunny for approximately 60 out of their 61 days, except for June 9 (my birthday) when a nice and big storm tends to mess with my BBQ plans every year. You get the idea though.

So much for my subjective meteorological diarrhea. And welcome to Utah! It's a lovely place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah