U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2008, 11:23 PM

4 posts, read 16,943 times

Advertisements

Me again.

In my first post, I've asked about Park City to find out how living in the city is fairing for residence living in the city. You guys are absolutely right when you said the houses there are pretty expensive whether one rents it or buys it. So, I then asked about how life is fairing for residents living in an apartment place called Elk Meadows which is located in Park City. But thus far, I didn't get any answer. Anyway, this place, Elk Meadows Apartment Community is said to be the cheapest apartments to rent in Park City and for awhile now I'm beginning to be come interested in living in Park City in Elk Meadows where I can have a big view of the snow covered mountains and all its beauty. Otherwise I would much rather skip the apartment living and go rent and settle in a small, yet spacey one bedroom house with an extra room where I can set up a private workout gym in.

What I really want is to live in cities located only in huge snow belt areas in Utah, including Park City, Midway, and Heber City. Would these cities be the right ones for me to live in? I am a huge winter bluff and I would rather live in the snow belt areas of Utah where I can enjoy the winder sights and sounds most of the year and have easy access to shopping places and dinosaur sites. One of the huge reasons why I want to move to Utah and settle there for good is because of not just snow, but also because of many dinosaur sites, museums, theme parks that are out there. Utah is indeed Dinosaur Country, you know. I'm a huge dinosaur and winter bluff and I want to gain access to snow belt areas where I also have access to excellent dinosaur museums and sites and dinosaur theme park areas where I can go and further my studies about them. Is there any cities with dinosaur museums in the huge snow belt areas where I can go and make a home there which features cheap housing rentals and places where I can go to work and earn a living there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 08:37 PM

2,160 posts, read 6,715,518 times
You may want to look in Morgan and Summit Counties (just east of the SLC Valley). Towns like Liberty, Eden, Mantua and some of the other Wasatch Mountain Valleys do well in terms of snowfall...and are within a doable drive to the dinosaur attractions in Ogden, Lehi and Provo.

There is dinosaur interest in eastern Utah...but they get a lot less snow. You'd have to live in the Uinta mountains or book cliffs....and there aint a whole lot going on there :-)

Old 04-03-2008, 06:14 AM

17 posts, read 74,156 times
Hey... Hit City Data Forum "Moving to Park City". There are about 3 different areas where you may find answers to your questions. I am moving to the Park City area as well & found a lot of information in those areas. Good luck!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:23 AM

222 posts, read 793,833 times
The dinosaur museums I am aware of are Ogden, Lehi (Thanksgiving point) and vernal. The one that would have the snowbelt area you are describing would be Ogden and someone already mentioned Eden, Morgan, etc. These are beautiful areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or