Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 03:14 PM

4 posts, read 8,939 times

Advertisements

I am a canadian but have been living in NC for the last ten years. The economy is not good here and for some reason I keep thinking about UTAH! It is a beautiful state and I heard that the ecomony is great. I am a mature single woman with a 4 yr degree and 2 associate degrees. What would my prospects be like in Utah ( workwise haaa) - where is a good place to locate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 08:47 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,917 times
What are your degrees in? What salary are you looking for? What experience do you have? Yes there are jobs. But not too many pay really great.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:50 PM

4 posts, read 8,939 times
I have a 4 yr degree in Psyc and a degree in business and pharmacy and am presently doing a degree in graphics- I have worked for Corporate Lowes for the last 5 yrs but left to pursue my passion which is graphic design/web development. Have an online business right now.. I would need at least 45k.. would consider living anywhere in Utah- the more I read about it the more I seem to like it.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:58 AM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,917 times
I’m don’t know too much about those fields. I did have an ad agency called Richter7 in downtown do some graphic design work for some presentations I did. I’d start with them and then try to find out who else is in town.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:18 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,453,943 times
interesting. i am persuing graphic art, and my wife is a psychologist. we are looking for a house currently, and of course job prospects along with it. my wife, with her psych degree, has found job-hunting a long task. it is slower for her to get the job, but she can find better ones, consistent ones, and ones that allow her a surprising amount of freedom. along the graphic art front, if i get any intel, i'll send it your way.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:55 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,141,560 times
If you want to find a job in web development I think you would have no problem. My husband is in the IT industry and the jobs seem to be booming. Now I don't wanna say forsure you'd get a job but I don't see much of a problem if its anything to do with computers. And if you did get a job in that area I'm sure you'd have no trouble making 45k. As far as where to move; Provo or SLC would probably be your best bet for work. Good luck!

P.S. As a fellow Canadian welcome to the wonderful United States of America!

Old 03-16-2008, 01:14 PM

9 posts, read 27,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativei View Post
I have a 4 yr degree in Psyc and a degree in business and pharmacy and am presently doing a degree in graphics- I have worked for Corporate Lowes for the last 5 yrs but left to pursue my passion which is graphic design/web development. Have an online business right now.. I would need at least 45k.. would consider living anywhere in Utah- the more I read about it the more I seem to like it.
Well, If your getting into Graphic arts / Web development Salt Lake City is about as good as you can get, short of moving to Cali...

And If for some reason that doesn't work for you, Your Psyc degree will come in handy. Utah apparently has the highest Depresson rate in the Country, which sould keep you in business.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,074 times
If you are moving to the provo area let me know because I have a few friends who are selling homes and if I may be able to get you an incredible price (meaning at least a 20% discount.) They are pretty much selling it for what they owe plus enough to put a down payment on something else. So if you are interested let me know. Im not an agent I just grew up here and know a LOT of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah