U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:15 PM

5,914 posts, read 4,350,713 times
Awesome news. It's a start, and I hope they are able to repopulate successfully.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:59 AM

6 posts, read 6,353 times
Hooray!!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2008, 09:11 PM

97 posts, read 136,019 times
Ginja, you really ought to enlighten yourself as to the English Dictionary....

EXTINCT Definition:

1. having no living members: having no members of the species or family in existence.

You cannot bend the rules to your own whims. They are either extinct or not?

I know of no State Wildlife agency trying to restore 'balance' to the 'planet'. They do NOT want the wolf here in the west.

Have you petitioned Florida Fish & Game to reintroduce wolves into the state yet? Let me know, I'll sign it, cause I want to run the affairs of YOUR neighborhood.

In the 70's, Utahns KILLED as many deer as we have now. So enlighten us as to how we have an 'overpopulation' now?

You obviosly are a 'keyboard biologist'...something we have too many of this day and age. Wolves were killed off, along with bears and cougars because they preyed on settlers and their livestock. It wasn't for pelts. Predators have not changed, they still do the same ole thing. Try living off the land and getting in tune with nature, you will either change your attitude, or die fighting it.

You come across as a TREE HUGGER, change the world for better by letting nature have its way. Well, it ain't going to happen, not yet anyway. When humans have finally finished arguing & fighting, and we are extinct, then nature will prevail. Until then, we strive for a balance. Sorry to burst your bubble, but wooffee isn't a balance.

Gotta go now...get me one o dem stickers fer my pickem up truck. Hope they got a gator one, too.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:43 PM

78 posts, read 349,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerorick View Post
Yeah, but I'm afraid it won't take long to wipe them out again. They're already discussing hunting permits. Around here you can't even attempt to discuss how wolves keep the deer population in check. You'll be labeled a tree-hugging, bleeding heart environmentalist liberal faster than you can pull a trigger.
As usual, you are spot on. In fact, it's almost comical how someone jumped on to basically prove your point!
I admit - I was being optimistic about the evolution of human intelligence, but now I know better and I won't waste my time arguing semantics with the ignorant.

BTW - I read some of your other posts on moving advice and cost of living factors - I found your insight very valuable. Just wanted to say thanks.

Last edited by ginger44; 06-04-2008 at 02:58 PM..

Old 12-09-2010, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 596 times
We drove them off, we should bring them back. Maybe the wolf can help the fight for obesity in America as well. Running from a wolf is good exercise.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Status: "Laughing at the technophiliac zombies..." (set 1 day ago)

6,635 posts, read 5,268,519 times
I'm looking forward to the day I can winter hike or backcountry ski in the mountains around here and be confronted by a good sized pack of wolves who haven't been able to find anything to eat for a month or so.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:19 PM

16,163 posts, read 29,331,392 times
That news was 2+ yrs ago. Haven't heard of a new sighting. Closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah