Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 04:42 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,791,221 times

Advertisements

Yep, he did mention "room/share", which tells me he may be a young person?

I looked at the area (via Google Earth), and that is definitely not a bunch of shacks ...

Compared to what I was living in when I was a full-time student and working part-time (at a restaurant - the best place to work since I got free food, they even let me take leftover food (salads and breads) home), this is nice.
In the early 60's it was 45 bucks a month for a tiny little room, barely enough for a single bed, and four flights up ... and the ceiling was the bottom of the roof tiles ... (the room did have a tiny little window ...).

Like the OP, I was also NOT looking for entertainment per sé, but needed all my time to study.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 01:35 AM

123 posts, read 208,796 times
The main issue with moving to Provo would be the job factor vs. SLC. Even though Provo won the award best mid-size city, I'm sure there are more jobs in SLC.

Do any of you know of any call centers in either SLC or Provo that hire like gangbusters? A good company with benefits and growth. I'm not looking for a career in it, but I might as well go with a good company that pays. Again, my main purpose of moving there is to study web development.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:42 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,948,192 times
Netflix is a pretty good place to work, as is Discover. At least, what I’ve read. I’ve never worked there myself.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:30 AM

123 posts, read 208,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Netflix is a pretty good place to work, as is Discover. At least, what I’ve read. I’ve never worked there myself.
Thanks. This is exactly the kind of work I'm looking for. The Netflix CSR job pays $15 which is really good. The trouble I'm seeing with a lot of the jobs in SLC don't pay very well. This is better than average for the type of jobs I'm qualified for. Had no idea Netflix was even in SLC. I bet you those jobs are competitive, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: