Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2018, 02:40 PM

461 posts, read 508,672 times

Advertisements

Is there anything to see or do on the way from Salt Lake City to Bryce national park?
I can't tell from the maps. Also, Will we have cell service all the way down for GPS or do we need do being a regular GPS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 03:19 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becki in Tx. View Post
Is there anything to see or do on the way from Salt Lake City to Bryce national park? I can't tell from the maps.
It all depends on the route you decide to take. If you're going to be staying on I-15 for as much of the trip as you can, there won't be a great deal to see. You might want to stop at Cove Fort, which you'd get to about two-thirds of the way there. Most of the reviews on Trip Advisor of it are very positive.
Quote:
Also, Will we have cell service all the way down for GPS or do we need do being a regular GPS?
You'll definitely have cell service along the entire I-15 corridor. When you're off I-15, it kind of depends on your carrier. Honestly, I'd stop in at the Salt Lake City Visitors' Center (90 South West Temple) while you're in Salt Lake and pick up a free state map. If you use it and watch the road signs, it's pretty hard to get lost.

Personally, I'd recommend you take a much more scenic route than I-15. It will add an hour and a half or so to your drive, but it would definitely be worth it. To do this, you'd take I-15 south to Scipio, Utah. In Scipio, you'd take Highway 50 to Aurora, and then Highway 24 to Torrey. That's a pretty drive, but not as pretty as the drive from Torrey to Bryce Canyon, via Highway 12. Highway 12 has been named an "All American Highway." It's one of the most beautiful drives in the country.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:23 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It all depends on the route you decide to take. If you're going to be staying on I-15 for as much of the trip as you can, there won't be a great deal to see. You might want to stop at Cove Fort, which you'd get to about two-thirds of the way there. Most of the reviews on Trip Advisor of it are very positive.
You'll definitely have cell service along the entire I-15 corridor. When you're off I-15, it kind of depends on your carrier. Honestly, I'd stop in at the Salt Lake City Visitors' Center (90 South West Temple) while you're in Salt Lake and pick up a free state map. If you use it and watch the road signs, it's pretty hard to get lost.

Personally, I'd recommend you take a much more scenic route than I-15. It will add an hour and a half or so to your drive, but it would definitely be worth it. To do this, you'd take I-15 south to Scipio, Utah. In Scipio, you'd take Highway 50 to Aurora, and then Highway 24 to Torrey. That's a pretty drive, but not as pretty as the drive from Torrey to Bryce Canyon, via Highway 12. Highway 12 has been named an "All American Highway." It's one of the most beautiful drives in the country.
Scipio has a petting zoo at the gas station so if you have kids it's a quick place to take a break. Also at Scipio you can take Rte 90 to Aurora -> 500 to Sevier -> 89 to Panguitch which is a more interesting route to Bryce than I15 and is relatively the same amount of time.

Highway 12 from Torrey to BC is the best drive in that area as noted above.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:47 PM

4 posts, read 5,663 times
Becki, I would appreciate your plan about the Salt Lake City to Bryce National Park. It will be really so much appealing and must to try a thing. Bryce is one of the best and most fascinated attractions. Both of these places are nice and gonna share some names of the places where to visit while the trip. Bryce Canyon National Park Sunrise Point is really a good place what will you give you the good ways of entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah