Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:49 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwnorth View Post
Chickrae:

If the association is not doing its job, there are others also displeased, she needs to find a couple other owners who are willing to stand firm and expose the deficiencies. Going to court is a rather extreme solution which no one really wants to pursue, including the association. Besides, if they can't afford the snow removal, likely they can't afford court action either.
Thank you for the insight. I will tell her to attend the HOA meetings also and go from there. She hasn't attended a meeting and she needs to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 12:48 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon271 View Post
DrWNORTH.......I spoke nothing of LDS or referred that LDS was causing a problem or depression with me. And for the others HOA is short for Home Owners Association. And these associations have a board of directors that set the "rules" of each new housing area. Your cold winters can cause depression. For me as a home owner in a different state, the house and lot belongs to me, I am free to express my individuality as I like. I can plant the flowers I like, I can keep my lawn mowed short and precise. I can leave my car in the driveway if I want or I can park it in the garage. I can paint my porch railings any color I want. My dog can walk about freely in my yard when I am outside with them. I can paint and decorate as I please. And when I see neighborhoods and developments in southern Utah I see hundreds of identical houses (cookie cutters...is what we refer them as in the midwest). And I see homes that are painted the same color or within one hue or two. I see very little individuality expressed in the exterior of the home. As a future new citizen it scares me to think that I will HAVE to fit in that mold for the expectations of neighbors and HOA's or I will receive complaints. I have pets, and they are like family to me. And being forced to give them up because it is about impossible to find a home where I can have a pet that may be a little too big or too fat then the appropriate "Stepford" mold, expectation or rules. And thus.......the term "Stepford" as in the movie Stepford Wives is justly given.

And yes...I'm depressed. I just came out of a long, long brutal winter and I'm heading to a community where it seems like I have to leave my pets behind. And none of that has to do with LDS.
I am so sorry you can't find a rental for the pets...I don't understand what's behind that...it's making me depressed, too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah