Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:31 PM

3 posts, read 13,004 times

Advertisements

we bought some land in beryl junction wanted to talk to anyone in that area. so we can find out some things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 07:14 PM

239 posts, read 952,540 times
What would you like to know?

Old 03-14-2008, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 13,004 times
anyone know any good cheap well drillers in beryl area also going to need to know of anyone who can do concrete work in beryl area and last anyone know anyone who can level the property off. need to get rid of the sage brush so can start the build.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:24 PM

281 posts, read 1,185,378 times
I live nearby and I can offer a couple things. One is there are no good cheap drillers. Putting a water well in is something you want done right the first time and is governed by quite a few regulations that have to be complied with to the tee. A ballpark figure would be around $13,000-$15,000 for a 200 foot well. And that's if you hit water around 150 feet. I will gladly recommend one if you e-mail me. We went thru the same process a year ago. Also you might not want to clear all the sage from your land. For two reasons. It blocks a lot of the blowing winter snow and unless your going to plant a groundcover over all of it you'll have your own dust bowl.
We have twenty acres about 8 miles from Beryl. And we're just in the beginning stages of building our house. We've done a lot of homework before we started. Because the days when folks could just put up a house anywhere and any way they wanted are long gone.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 PM

239 posts, read 952,540 times
Yep, Aerorick is right, retireinberyl, I sent you a pm. In it I mentioned you may want to pm Aerorick, glad he answered. He probably can answer those better, I have been here 12 years and it was a lot different when I built!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 PM

3 posts, read 12,479 times
If you are still in need of any assistance with finding folks to help you in Beryl, we built our home almost 2 years ago and we found an awful nice bunch of tradespeople to do everything that we needed done. I'd be happy to share names and phone numbers with you for anyting you might need.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:02 AM

281 posts, read 1,185,378 times
I forgot to mention a fact of life in Iron county that wasn't in effect until a year ago June. The adoption of the Universial Residential Building Code. While it is a good thing to be consistent with the rest of the country it requires a soil compaction test on the property where the house is going. For the engineer to take samples you need a ten foot hole trenched out with a backhoe. I might suggest that when you get to that point to dig a couple of potential sites because the soil can be quite different. We have nieghbors building about 2,000 feet away that only had to overexcavate three feet below where the the footings would be and repack it back in. We, unfortunatly, picked a spot when the soil was so loose we had to go five feet deep and five feet out from both sides and pack it back in. It slowed us up quite a bit but got it done.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:53 PM

24 posts, read 89,758 times
I have neighbors just to the west of me who are building their new home. They're retired general contractors from Las Vegas and they've been working on their place for better than 5 years now. The guy is putting in a full basement. It's only been in the past two months that they finished the block walls of the basement, have completed the framing, lifted the trusses for the roof, and are now starting to enclose everything.

As for planning to "clear your land", please don't! We live in what is referred to as "the dust bowl". It came to be when some "over-zealous" folks (developers and "gentlemen-farmers") scraped this whole area. It's taken many families decades to get sage brush, rabbit brush, and tumble weed to grow again. That stuff holds down the sand during the wind storms in the spring and summer, and the snow in the winter.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:47 PM

2 posts, read 7,651 times
Would anyone happen to know of a surveying company that would service the area around beryl. I need the corners marked on two adjoining lots (approx 5 acres) in valley of vision 1 subdivision. thanks

Last edited by skipit; 11-07-2008 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 11-11-2008, 07:28 PM

24 posts, read 91,303 times
Before you drill, you might want to look into the date of your water right & maybe talk to the state water office in Cedar.
The water rights in the Beryl area may be retracted as there is not as much water being replenished as is being pumped. If your water right is dated after (I think) 1940 there is a good chance it may be rescinded at some point.
Anzalone wells is a good honest company, they show up when they say they will & do what they say they will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah