U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 07-27-2008, 02:49 PM

702 posts, read 1,265,204 times
Yup we got a thunderstorm and of course that made top news...nothing to me except for the rainbow it made

Unread 07-27-2008, 04:42 PM

4,151 posts, read 5,246,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcrew View Post
No chickrae, not seriously. It's a running joke around here, that people who don't signal aren't bad drivers, they just ran out of blinker fluid.

There's no such thing as blinker fluid. Too bad, because it would be a handy excuse for my husband!

I didn't think there was but I am pretty gullable and I know nothing about cars really. I was afraid to ask my husband about it, thank goodness I didn't as he would of had a big laugh

Unread 07-27-2008, 04:45 PM

4,151 posts, read 5,246,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
My husband doesn't use his and he hardly ever did back home. He fits right in with these idiots. Is there a law here for headlights being on when raining??? Yesterday when we had the storm I hardly saw any headlights..ugh...this place is messed up in so many ways.
I guess no one turns anything on in their car...no headlights, no blinkers..it's amazing they turn the ignition on to start the car

Unread 07-27-2008, 05:48 PM

i know they know how to hit the gas and not use any mirrors and the brake companies must really stay in business around here...i dont understand why fly up on someone and then slam on your brakes

Unread 07-27-2008, 08:43 PM

1,371 posts, read 754,519 times
newtoutah.......

Welcome to Utah!!!! Your posts crack me up.....you sound like I did, about a year and a half ago!
MY personal "favorite" with the drivers out here, are the ones that see you coming, but pull out right in front of you at the last minute so you have to slam on your brakes to keep from going right into their arse end!

Keep your chin up, and don't let the culture shock frustrate you too much-you'll get used to it, eventually. I sure wish you had moved down here to my neighborhood, I'd love to have a neighbor like you on my block!

Unread 07-28-2008, 07:45 AM

Awwwwww tysm I went off yesterday about this neighborhood. Again the dude with the dogs totally ignored me walking right next to me. I said do u know how to say hello and he turned his head. Well me and my East Coast mouth doesn't hold back and I let him have it...hmmph. I will be the real devil in this neighborhood now..hahahha...and yes I agree with you over the pulling in front of you. There was this idiot coming off the ramp of 15 yesterday and went so fast he actually couldn't stop and proceeded to drive on the side of the road so he could pass...arghhhhhhhhh..What neighborhood do u live in?

Unread 07-28-2008, 09:10 AM

2,130 posts, read 3,286,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VC dreamer View Post
newtoutah.......

MY personal "favorite" with the drivers out here, are the ones that see you coming, but pull out right in front of you at the last minute so you have to slam on your brakes to keep from going right into their arse end!

Keep your chin up, and don't let the culture shock frustrate you too much-you'll get used to it, eventually. I sure wish you had moved down here to my neighborhood, I'd love to have a neighbor like you on my block!
I agree! That one really, really gets my goat! I could see if there was a looong line of traffic and the offender had to go when they had a slight chance, but more times than not, they will sit at at light/sign, ect (if they bother to stop at all, mind you) and watch you for a few seconds THEN pull out just as you are approaching, all the while, there is no one behind you for miles. Would it have been so hard to wait those extra few seconds for me to pass??

I, too, would love to have NewtoUtah as a neighbor! I try to warn people about the culture shock. It does take some getting used to. I have to say though, either you do or you don't. I don't think there is an inbetween! If you decide NewtoUtah to move to Stansbury Park, let me know!!

Unread 07-28-2008, 09:26 AM

1,371 posts, read 754,519 times
LOL.....yep, we'd get along great!.....

I live down here in Saratoga Springs, in the old resort neighborhood. Which means, that I'm one of those poor souls that have to put up with the mess on redwood, and the udot workers that aren't happy until you're crawling through at 25mph---even though the posted speed thru there is 45! Go figure!

I've lived here for just over a year and a half now, and the only people who have spoken to me, or my husband are the people on each side of us.....except for the lady down around the corner....she kept putting these 'emergency" forms on our door -forms that wanted to know all kinds of personal information about us-she stopped my husband at the mail box one day and asked him why he didn't return them back to her. She got a little put out when he told her that I kept throwing them away, saying that kind of information was none of her business.....

but, in all fairness I should point out that my other neighbors don't really talk to each other either....people here kinda just keep to themselves.

Unread 07-28-2008, 09:30 AM

1,637 posts, read 4,176,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
Awwwwww tysm I went off yesterday about this neighborhood. Again the dude with the dogs totally ignored me walking right next to me. I said do u know how to say hello and he turned his head. Well me and my East Coast mouth doesn't hold back and I let him have it...hmmph. I will be the real devil in this neighborhood now..hahahha...and yes I agree with you over the pulling in front of you. There was this idiot coming off the ramp of 15 yesterday and went so fast he actually couldn't stop and proceeded to drive on the side of the road so he could pass...arghhhhhhhhh..What neighborhood do u live in?
So yesterday, I was walking my dogs, just minding my own business, when I see this lady in front of me. Being somewhat reserved, I figured Id just pass her and let her enjoy her walk. Well I catch up to her, when she turns and says Dont you know how to say hello? She then really let me have it, going on about how on the East Coast people say hello and are so much more friendly than in South Jordan. She really let me have it. I felt like dirt when she was done. I knew I should have said hello, but I was just a little shy at the moment.

Boy, Im really a little scared to see her again. Now I really have no idea what to say to her next time I see her. I guess Ill just cross the street and avoid her entirely.

Unread 07-28-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
So yesterday, I was walking my dogs, just minding my own business, when I see this lady in front of me. Being somewhat reserved, I figured Id just pass her and let her enjoy her walk. Well I catch up to her, when she turns and says Dont you know how to say hello? She then really let me have it, going on about how on the East Coast people say hello and are so much more friendly than in South Jordan. She really let me have it. I felt like dirt when she was done. I knew I should have said hello, but I was just a little shy at the moment.

Boy, Im really a little scared to see her again. Now I really have no idea what to say to her next time I see her. I guess Ill just cross the street and avoid her entirely.
Whatever!!!!!! You know its called common courtesy when you say hello to someone they say hello back or acknowledge you. You have no idea!!!!!!!!! I never said East Coast people are friendly, far from it in alot of places, but I was taught when someone speaks to you you acknowledge that fact. Just because they go to "temple" on Sundays don't make them any better than anyone else, but u know what around here apparently they do. Guess what we all use toilet paper don't we????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah