Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 02:16 PM

16 posts, read 151,551 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
My husband and I have relocated to Herriman and I am 7 mos. pregnant and I'm looking to deliver at JVH. Does anyone have any experiences they can share with me? I will most likely be having a c-section as well so if you have experience with that, I'd love to hear it. Thank you much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 11:08 PM

222 posts, read 877,524 times
Default c-section

I don't have any experience at Jordan Valley, I had mine at St. Mark's, but I had a c-section with my second child. I thought that it had a longer recovery period than my vaginal delivery but it was easier for the actual delivery. I would say it was about 3 weeks before I didn't have any pain from my c-section.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:25 PM

3 posts, read 17,152 times
I havent delieried at Jordan Valley Hospital (if I ever get pregnant I would) but my OB/GYN office is there and he is great.Moderator cut: need at least 10 posts to make specific recommendations

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-03-2010 at 08:47 PM..

Old 02-15-2007, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 9,638 times
Default jordan valley OB

I have not delivered at JVH but I did go visit one of the OB there. I will not mention his name, BUT, I went to get a routine depo shot, my ins. had changed and someone refered the office to me. It took 3 hours to be seen, and you are not allowed to take any other children you might have with you. I was also told that a desire problem I had was due to me being overweight and that if I lost weight then all my problems would go away. THEN he had the nerve to tell me to apolagize to my husband for him. (I later found out from a different Dr, willing to take time for me it was the depo shot) but I will Never, Never return to that office! I have been told by others that they love their Dr.s there but yes you do end up waiting every time. They say that is with all OBs. NOT MINE! I have never waited more than 5 or 10 minites for mine. and I can take my other beautiful children with me. I to delivered C section with my dr and was outta the hospital in 18 hours. Moderator cut: need more than 10 posts to make specific recommendations

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-03-2010 at 08:48 PM..

Old 10-04-2007, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 9,351 times
Smile my experience

I also was wondering about the doctors and birthing center at jordan valley. I was seeing a doctor over at western obgyn at cottonwood. It was the worst experience for us. The doctor kept making comments about "well I can't make you not pregnant!" My husband and I were trying to figure out why he kept saying that to us every visit. First of all this was a planned pregnancy! We already have two of our own. I called to see if I could switch to a different doc and they were asking me why, I told them what the doc keeps saying and we did'nt care for his beside manner.They told me ...so what you looking for someone with a good bedside manner or an abortion! I was outraged! NOt to mention as I was getting IV fluid weeks ago and in the same room with me was 5 other people getting transfusions of different types and one of them was a obgyn doc from my clinic, making several phone calls to family,friends,and girlfriends, talking about other patients, in a very not so polite way! So if anyone has a great doc to refer me to and we were wanting to either deliver at jordan valley or at the new IMC hospital.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:30 PM

16 posts, read 151,551 times
Hi jtclark,
First I want to say sorry you've had such a horrible experience thus far. Some docs need to take additional bedside manner classes!!
I'm the OP and I did end up delivering at Jordan Valley Hospital. I would say I had a very good experience. The nursing staff was great except for one (there's always one!). And, the nursery and their staff were really good too. They took very good care of my little guy. He ended up with some weird numbers when they did a blood test and he needed antibiotics and the nursery was very on top of it all. The only things I didn't like were:
- the way they taped the i.v. to his my son's hand, but looking back I'm sure it's next to impossible to make it not look so barbaric... kwim?
- how long the nursing staff took to get orders from the doc when I had breakthrough pain when my duramorph didn't work. I already had instructions in there for meds and it took a head nurse to figure it out. This was a little irritating.
I had a nice private room (no couch though for daddy, but a big fold out chair), nice bathroom, good tv, the nursing staff will bring you anything you want almost too (soup, jello, yogurt, diet coke, crackers, cookies, hard candy), and I liked the food too. It was from a menu and you just order breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hospital I delivered my first son in was the same way except hubby could order too and eat all 3 meals with me if he wanted. They don't allow this at JVH.
I delivered my first son at Swedish Medical in Colorado and I think it will be impossible to have that great of an experience again. I would give my first son's birth experience (c-section) a 10 and my second experience an 8 (also c-section). I really liked my doctor a lot, he is at JVH to the right when you enter the Women's Center and the Maternity Ward is on the left. His name is Dr. Mitchell Barney. His office also has the "no other children" policy that PP was talking about, but I NEVER saw anyone obey it! And, if I couldn't leave my son with daddy, then he came with. NO ONE ever said anything to me and there were always tons of kids in there. Dr. Barney's nurse is super awesome too (I give her a 10), but as far as his associates... I don't have much info there. I only saw him, except for a brief check-up by one other doc after I delivered. I don't know much about the laboring side, but I know they have the jacuzzi tubs available. You can walk through anytime and if they have room available, they will show you them.
I wish you the best!

Last edited by elliecap; 10-04-2007 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 01-24-2008, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 12,357 times
Default Wonderful experiance three times

I had all three of my babies there. Each time I had a wonderful experiance. Great nurses, [mod] need more than 10 posts to make specific recommendations [/mod] She had both her babies there by c-section and she had a great experiance as well. My husbands best friend and his wife delivered there and also my sister in law three times. All have loved their experiance. I wish you good luck and I hope you have a great experiance as well. Congrats!

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-03-2010 at 08:49 PM..

Old 01-24-2008, 11:26 PM

973 posts, read 2,141,172 times
Sorry, on birthing, I'm not much help, as my kids were 2 & 3 when we moved to Utah. JVH is the closest to us, & I've gone there for other reasons, & it's been okay. =) Congrats on your pregnancy! =)

Old 05-03-2010, 08:11 AM

1 posts, read 6,578 times
Default Anyone had twins at JVH?

I have heard some scary things about JVH and the NICU.
My own experiences at this hospital have been less than positive. My daughter is expecting twins and is to deliver at JVH. I am very nervous about this and would appreciate any information either way. Thanks!

Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,750 times
Moderator cut: sorry no consumer complaints allowed Trust me! I had mine at Intermountain in Murray and had a really good experience. My son just had surgery at Intermountain in Riverton and that is probably where I will choose to have my next C-section.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-15-2010 at 10:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: