U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-16-2008, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Cedar City, Utah
4,163 posts, read 5,802,048 times
Reputation: 1571

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahSkiBum View Post
I'm from Davis County, lived here all my life. Davis County is a great place to live if you want to ski/board all of the resorts. To the North is Snowbasin, Powder Mountain and Wolf Creek to the south is all the big and little cottonwood resorts and Park City. The commute to all of them is about the same when you are smack dab in the middle which makes it easier to try them all out. Good luck on your decision - let the snow fall, I'm ready to ski!!
Snow basin was my favorite........only 35 minutes away from where I used to live.

 
Old 10-17-2008, 08:06 AM
 
Location: FL
401 posts, read 586,035 times
Reputation: 37
How are the schools in Davis County?
Are they relatively close to the subdivisions?
Snowboarding is a blast, even though I am a beginner. i find it easier than skiing with the poles.
I was nervous at first not having the poles, but one you get the hang of it it's so much more fun.
I also found it easier on my knees.
 
Old 10-17-2008, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Cedar City, Utah
4,163 posts, read 5,802,048 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFrench View Post
How are the schools in Davis County?
Are they relatively close to the subdivisions?
Snowboarding is a blast, even though I am a beginner. i find it easier than skiing with the poles.
I was nervous at first not having the poles, but one you get the hang of it it's so much more fun.
I also found it easier on my knees.
Schools are GREAT there and many of them. The cities all run together in Davis County and subdivisions everywhere too.
My daughters loved snowboarding. I never tried it. I don't know if I am strong enough. I have my skis with me in Oklahoma...why I don't know as I should of left them in Utah so when I visit I can ski with them. There is certainly no mountains or snow here!
 
Old 10-21-2008, 10:50 AM
 
Location: FL
401 posts, read 586,035 times
Reputation: 37
I cannot wait until our next ski vacation.
Both of my boys keep asking me about snowboarding.
I am not sure if they will have to ski first, then snowboard.
How does that work with children?
 
Old 10-21-2008, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Cedar City, Utah
4,163 posts, read 5,802,048 times
Reputation: 1571
Doesn't matter which they learn first. My daughter had an easier time learning to snowboard and didn't like skiing at all. Two of my sons found skiing easier, but my third son enjoyed snowboarding, however he learned to ski first.
 
Old 10-21-2008, 04:00 PM
 
Location: FL
401 posts, read 586,035 times
Reputation: 37
What a relief!! Both of my boys want to learn to snowboard and they have never been on snow before. They are 6 and 3.75 years old (not that age would make a difference, at least what I would think). Whenever we talk about going on vacation they both chime in about snowboarding.
I found snowboarding easier on my knees, as my past dirtbike riding has taken it's toll on my knees and ankles. I miss riding dirtbikes!! Now I just can't wait for a skiing/snowboarding trip!!
 
Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
 
3 posts, read 3,993 times
Reputation: 10
Default Move to Utah at your own risk

LaFrench,

We live in Southern Utah and can't wait to get out. Our children have been subjected to terrible persecution because of not being LDS (from teachers and administration as much or more than from other students). We have no legal rights in the courts here (only a few judges, and they ALWAYS choose the LDS person over the "gentile" regardless of the circumstances.)

I've heard that it's better in SLC, but any town smaller than that, beware.

The neighborhood teenagers randomly vandalize homes in our nice, upper middle class neighborhood, and the police look the other way. An LDS friend told me she was embarrassed to admit it, but they believe "anything you do to a 'gentile' is justified," and their actions certainly back up her statements.

I wish I had never brought my children here. It's a stunningly beautiful version of Hell.
 
Old 10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
 
Location: East Millcreek
550 posts, read 1,356,729 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelep View Post
LaFrench,

We live in Southern Utah and can't wait to get out. Our children have been subjected to terrible persecution because of not being LDS (from teachers and administration as much or more than from other students). We have no legal rights in the courts here (only a few judges, and they ALWAYS choose the LDS person over the "gentile" regardless of the circumstances.)

I've heard that it's better in SLC, but any town smaller than that, beware.

The neighborhood teenagers randomly vandalize homes in our nice, upper middle class neighborhood, and the police look the other way. An LDS friend told me she was embarrassed to admit it, but they believe "anything you do to a 'gentile' is justified," and their actions certainly back up her statements.

I wish I had never brought my children here. It's a stunningly beautiful version of Hell.
Where in So Utah do you live? Just wondering, as I really want to know where this type of persecution is occurring.
 
Old 10-22-2008, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Cedar City, Utah
4,163 posts, read 5,802,048 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmejh View Post
Where in So Utah do you live? Just wondering, as I really want to know where this type of persecution is occurring.
Yes I do too....geesh!
 
Old 10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
 
Location: FL
401 posts, read 586,035 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelep View Post
LaFrench,

We live in Southern Utah and can't wait to get out. Our children have been subjected to terrible persecution because of not being LDS (from teachers and administration as much or more than from other students). We have no legal rights in the courts here (only a few judges, and they ALWAYS choose the LDS person over the "gentile" regardless of the circumstances.)

I've heard that it's better in SLC, but any town smaller than that, beware.

The neighborhood teenagers randomly vandalize homes in our nice, upper middle class neighborhood, and the police look the other way. An LDS friend told me she was embarrassed to admit it, but they believe "anything you do to a 'gentile' is justified," and their actions certainly back up her statements.

I wish I had never brought my children here. It's a stunningly beautiful version of Hell.
If this is true, I wish you the best of luck. I am sorry to hear that.
Where in southern UT do you live??

If and when I do move to UT, I would have to live closer to SLC to be closer to the IT market there.

Good luck and I wish you the best,

LAFrench

Last edited by LAFrench; 10-22-2008 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: adding question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:09 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top