Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 03:37 PM

602 posts, read 1,869,355 times

Advertisements

It is gorgeous outside. Tomorrow is my Friday off, so I'm thinking of taking a walk myself. I have a ton of stuff to do at home but it's just too nice to stay inside

Old 09-24-2009, 03:52 PM

835 posts, read 2,072,492 times
So OSUgirl, are you liking this fabulous fall weather here in Utah? It is so nice with out the humidity!! As much as I love winter and the skiing, Fall is hard to beat.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibarbie View Post
So OSUgirl, are you liking this fabulous fall weather here in Utah? It is so nice with out the humidity!! As much as I love winter and the skiing, Fall is hard to beat.
I'm loving it, but I still miss home really really badly, and I missed the fair there . Fall is my favorite time of the year, so this nice weather is helping alot......lol

Old 09-24-2009, 04:36 PM

835 posts, read 2,072,492 times
I used to show horses at the OK state fair-and that was when I was still living in Kansas! I do have fond memories of that time. The fairgrounds here remind me alot of the fairgrounds in OK and KS. Not all big and fancy like Texas and California. I miss OK too-luv it here but if we ever have to leave the West, that is where I am headed back to.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:23 PM

360 posts, read 1,124,519 times
OSU, enjoy the nice fall weather for as long as it should last. If you take a walk watch out for motorists, they most definitely don't care if you have the right of way on a sidewalk or ped crossing. Just be careful. And enjoy your friday off!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:18 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,465,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osugirl2 View Post
I'm loving it, but I still miss home really really badly, and I missed the fair there . Fall is my favorite time of the year, so this nice weather is helping alot......lol
Hey OSU girl are you all settled in? I am so envious that you are in Utah....11 months till I get there. How do you like it? I haven't read through all the posts to see.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Hey OSU girl are you all settled in? I am so envious that you are in Utah....11 months till I get there. How do you like it? I haven't read through all the posts to see.
I like Ogden; a lot better than I thought I would. I'm envious you're in Oklahoma though, I miss my family and friends something awful! I think we're really going to enjoy all of the things there are to do around here. We're only a few blocks away from the revitalized part of Ogden with the Solomon Center, megaplex and new restaurants. We found a great restaurant Wednesday called Soul and Bones on 24th street, and they have excellent BBQ (coming from OK, I'm very particular about BBQ!) The only thing I could fault is that we took it to go, and the side orders weren't very big and I prefer a thinner smokier BBQ sauce and theirs was thick and tomatoey (still good though!) There is also a great park about a block away that is covered in huge shade trees. I'm going to take Bryce over there tomorrow to play.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:08 PM

I know the feeling. I love Oklahoma and miss all my familly in Utah.
I really don't think you will find as good of barbeque in Utah as you will in Oklahoma, of course I can't say for sure, as I never tried to find it in Utah. One day one of my sons in Utah told me they were "barbecueing" and I said "are you really barbequeing?" They said yeah we are barbecueing hamburgers and hot dogs. I told them that is a cook out or grilling. Trust me it's not "barbecueing"
I think it's funny how different parts of the United States refere to things. I did the same thing before I moved here.
Glad you are finding lots of fun things to do. That will keep you busy and you won't miss family as much

Old 09-26-2009, 03:13 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,699,875 times
Chickrae! So nice to see the star and that you're finished training. Congrats.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Chickrae! So nice to see the star and that you're finished training. Congrats.
Thanks!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah